Cozumel - Ideas for the day for family w/ 4 adults & 2 kids (ages 4 & 6)

JimInBuffalo

We are going to be on the Ecstacy starting Feb. 19th. One of our stops will be in Cozumel. Our group includes my DW and myself (aka the grandparents) my DD and her DH plus two of our grandkids, age 4&6.

We have been to Cozumel approx. 6 times and have been to Chakkanaab (sp?) twice. I really like it there but it has become very commercial and expensive if you can't take advantage of all the offerings at the park. I think that for us it would end up as just a costly beach day. The snorkeling is great for the adults but too advanced for the kids.

I would like to get advice from others on this board as to a good family excursion that I can book on the ship or preferably in advance with the company on-land. We have done many excursions on our own in the past and find them to be less expensive and usually they are by the same companies that service the ships.

On our last cruise, at one of our ports we visited a day-resort and had a good time with them. I am not familiar with any at Cozumel.

As always, I respect the advice given and appreciate your experience and willingness to help me find a way to have a great time with my family at this port.

-Jim

20 Degrees and snowing in Bufffalo. I just got through plowing snow our of my driveway for the second time today.

101_9688.jpg.63ca510f6fb978816454d2645c4ac31c.jpg

101_9689.jpg.57a523506ba831c7b2fec14dda5e9cb6.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the videos. That is a pretty neat way of attaching the videos so that I can watch them within the message board screen.

I talked it over with the rest of the family and we are going to do the Paradise Beach thing.

It fits in perfectly with the kid's ages and it is close enough where we won't have to worry about my grand daughter getting motion sickness on a long bus or taxi ride.

Thanks for your expertise.

-jim

How was the temp of the water at the new pool?

The pool temp was great. It is a heated pool but they only turn the heater up enough so that the water feels great. It didnt feel warm at all but it wasn't cold either. It was perfect. If I had to guess I would say about 76 to 78 degrees.:)

Archived