Celebrity Singing Competition

SilkShirt

My wife and I will be sailing on the Equinox in March. I've read that Celebrity has a singing competition for the guests. I've seen a couple of videos on youtube of the winners. Both ladies were outstanding singers.

I'd be interested in participating. I had fun singing on an RCCI talent night. You met the house band in the afternoon, chose a song, rehearsed it, and sang in the theatre that night.

I didn't notice a band in the videos. Does anyone know if you're supposed to bring a music accompaniment cd, or do you choose from a book like karaoke?

Thanks in advance

Hi silk shirt.

We were on the equinox last nov and took part in kareoke. There were very few that took part, and those that did were asked to go on stage the last night and perform a song like kareoke night, no orchestra. I was asked but declined. Those that did had fun and so did the audience. In my book they got points for getting up there. So go ahead but dont compare to RCCL or you may feel dissapointed. Go sing your heart out and have fun!

Azamara Quest had a choir that met a few times with the performers and the orchestra's pianist. We were a group of about 12 and performed a couple of songs for the other guests. The music was supplied ( Ain't Misbehavin and Seasons of Love). We performed one evening in the Cabaret and it was a great way to fill in the looong days at sea. :D

Archived