Transport from Miami to Fort Lauderdale

IrishGirl Cruiser

Hello kind folks,

Just a quick question regarding transportation from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale - can you recommend any services that you might have used. Going on Oasis in September and its our first time travelling from Miami to FL and want to know the safest and best way as its just my mom and I.

Thanking you :)

I haven't used them but did some research and this company gets good reviews on the port of call boards:

sun and moon express.

Good luck

Hello kind folks,

Just a quick question regarding transportation from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale - can you recommend any services that you might have used. Going on Oasis in September and its our first time travelling from Miami to FL and want to know the safest and best way as its just my mom and I.

Hello kind folks,

You might want to get a price quote on the bus Transfers offered by RCI,since some private shuttle services (SAS) are not permitted to pick up at MIA...Also try the Florida Departure board and the Meet & Mingle section for some tips on this...Good luck and enjoy your cruise :)

I haven't used them but did some research and this company gets good reviews on the port of call boards:

sun and moon express.

Good luck

All I will say about this company is that if we did not take another companies shuttle we would probably still be waiting to be picked up. Even with a reservation they did not show up and were anything but professional when we called and inquired as to where they were.

Hello kind folks,

We are using Quality Limo Service for transportation from our hotel Miami Downtown to Port Everglades. For the two of us it is $ 60.- (30.- p.p.)

Karina was very fast and accurate in replying and arranging our transport.

You can check what they charge from Miami Airport. http://www.qualitylimoservice.com

Good luck!

We used SAS Transport to get from FLL to Miami cruise port and back again, they are all over the area. http://www.ridesas.com/ I highly recommend them, no problems at all. The best rates are if you book for 4 or more people, so if you have a party, or can connect with someone else here, it's a good deal.

ETA: Hmm, now I'm seeing something that they don't have a permit to allow them to go from Miami to FLL (they can go the other way, though). Bummer, I think that's new since I used them last.

There is an excellent and low cost service from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale. You can catch a connector bus at the airport to the TRI-RAIL station, this is a regular commuter train service from Miami to West Palm Beach. You would get off at the Griffin Road stattion just south of Fort Lauderdale and catch a cab for a short ride to Port Everglades. The train fare should be around $4 and the cab about $10. If you take the shuttle as suggested by other posters you need to remember that the charge is per person. The Tri-Rail trains are very clean and each station has good security. Cabs are normally available at the station. If you need to go to other places prior to going to the Port there are several stations serving Fort Lauderdale.

ok, now Im worried about transportation. I am flying in to Fll to sail out of Miami. I was considering sas but with a bad review and only one way of transportation leaves me concerned.

SAS can pick up at POM and go to FLL. We just did it, they were efficient and reasonable in price ($15). I think there permit states they must begin or end in Fort Lauderdale.

SAS can pick up at POM and go to FLL. We just did it, they were efficient and reasonable in price ($15). I think there permit states they must begin or end in Fort Lauderdale.

That was my understanding as well when I looked at their website. It states they can not come to miami to take you to miami. ie...mia to the port or port to mia airport. Hope that makes sense...at least now I know they do indeed go both ways.. I was wondering...since you just used their service was it really that nice? Do you have to make reservations or would they be at the POM and take me back to FLL airport? Thanks

Hello kind folks,

Used Larrys Limo for our transportation from our Miami Hotel to Ft. Lauderdale and to take us to the airport at the end of the cruise. I highly recommend them, easy to book, picked us on time and great price!!!

www.larryslimo.com

We used SAS Transport to get from FLL to Miami cruise port and back again, they are all over the area. http://www.ridesas.com/ I highly recommend them, no problems at all. The best rates are if you book for 4 or more people, so if you have a party, or can connect with someone else here, it's a good deal.

ETA: Hmm, now I'm seeing something that they don't have a permit to allow them to go from Miami to FLL (they can go the other way, though). Bummer, I think that's new since I used them last.

They just can't pick up at MIA due to permit restrictions..they can pick up at the Port of Miami and take you to Port Everglades or FLL or from FLL to Port of MIami..There would be no reason to use this service from MIA-POM or the return, as a taxi would be cheaper...Some seem to confuse MIA with POM...

That was my understanding as well when I looked at their website. It states they can not come to miami to take you to miami. ie...mia to the port or port to mia airport. Hope that makes sense...at least now I know they do indeed go both ways.. I was wondering...since you just used their service was it really that nice? Do you have to make reservations or would they be at the POM and take me back to FLL airport? Thanks

We had to make reservations prior and then called them from cell when going thru customs. They were basically waiting when we went out from terminal.

• 3 weeks later...

Email Vince at allLimoInc.com for a quote. We used him roundtrip for our Miami to FLL transfer in Oct. He is very professional and punctual. He picked us up in a Mercedes SUV and had ice cold water waiting for us when we arrived. It cost us $170 roundtrip and his vehicle will accommodate up to 3 people. Cruise ship transfer was $30pp which would have been $180. No waiting for the bus to fill up, we just grabbed our luggage and was on our way. He was waiting for us at baggage claim with a sign bearing our last name. Helped us with our luggage and even stopped at a Walgreen's for us to buy water and cokes to take with us on the ship. I highly recommend him!!!:)

Archived