No laughing...which is the best drink (most alcohol) for your dollar?

momof4girls

I have to say the Sail away punch.... Maybe its just me and being in a great mood to party just getting on the ship and all but I have 3 or 4 of those and I am feeling pretty darn good:):):)

Not a mixed drink person - rye straight up - ask for ice and water on the side. All the mixed drinks are exactly that - you get what you pay for. And agree with the poster who said to tip the bartender - my ryes got bigger and bigger to the point that I had a full glass of rye and needed another glass just so I could mix it and I only take a splash of water.

last year on the destiny i asked our server on the lido deck the same question... he brought me something called a "blue-motherf*cker." i don't know it was... it wasn't very good... but very very strong! he said there was a childrens' version called a "blue motorcycle," or something like that.

I've heard them call Adios Motherf**ker. It's like a long island, but uses blue curacao.

Do you put the extra tip on your S&S card or slip the bartender a $1 bill? We usually smuggle, but since they are cracking down, I think we are going to have to find some friendly bartenders! ;)

I've always just tipped an extra dollar bill.

Vodka Martini, no mixers.

I'll add a "Manhattan" -- bourbon & sweet vermouth.

Of course the best drinks for the price are the free drinks at the past guest party.

Used to have free drinks at the Captain's party too, but, alas, no more.

Might have a buck off during the Captain's party -- did last time I sailed the Carnival Ecstasy.

Also try one of the specially priced rum drinks -- in a regular (not souvenir) glass.

last year on the destiny i asked our server on the lido deck the same question... he brought me something called a "blue-motherf*cker." i don't know it was... it wasn't very good... but very very strong! he said there was a childrens' version called a "blue motorcycle," or something like that.

I had a bar tender make me a blue motorcycle....it definitely was not a kid's drink. Two of them put me down for the night. It is almost pure booze with a splash of sweet/sour.

Dave

Always give them cash. Cash does not

have to be split between everyone..

I was on the Dawn last month and was very surprised

they did not have any of the Island Oasis Machines

used for frozen drinks.

Most bars in Boston, Cape Cod, and Newport have them.

They make great frozen drinks.

Does anybody know, Do any cruise ships have them???

Do you put the extra tip on your S&S card or slip the bartender a $1 bill? We usually smuggle, but since they are cracking down, I think we are going to have to find some friendly bartenders! ;)

Think that the drinks by the pool/DOD are on the weak side -- still fun, though -- who doesn't like an umbrella drink?

We always find a bar/bartender we can "bond" with, and then stick to that bar -- the drinks become amazing, and get better every time, especially with positive feedback, both verbal and $$!

As far as bang for the buck -- I favor a vodka martini.

For those that are a fan of the first days DOD, The Funship Special.

You can go to Carnivals web site and there is a video of how to make them.

I got the stuff and made them New Years Eve. It was a real hit!!

I second the smuggled and/or Bon Voyage "sweetened" drinks!

I had a bar tender make me a blue motorcycle....it definitely was not a kid's drink. Two of them put me down for the night. It is almost pure booze with a splash of sweet/sour.

Dave

WOW! Check it out:

BLUE MOTORCYCLE

1 1/2 oz

1800® Tequila

fill with sweet and sour mix

1 1/2 oz rum

1 splash 7-Up® soda

1 1/2 oz vodka

1 1/2 oz gin

1 1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur

Build over ice in a collins glass. Fill with sour mix and add a splash

Read more: Blue Motorcycle recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink1404.html#ixzz1B20Btyc5

I was just wondering what is the strongest drink you can buy, that makes your dollar go far? I'm usually a Margarita kind of girl, but out of the last ten Margaritas I've had, only ONE of them was worth the money. The rest just tasted like over-sweetened lemonade. :(:o Even my 14-year-old dd (who had a TEENY TINY sip) couldn't taste anything other than the mix (and she thought it was too sweet). So I'm a bit shy about paying over $9 for a wear drink.

Like everyone else has been saying the Long Island Iced Tea has been the strongest drink we've had on all of our cruises. On our last cruise on the Splendor they even had $1 off specials too. Enjoy!!

Karen

Archived