Ship Time vs. Progreso Time?

Razberryt

We're sailing on the 22nd out of New Orleans and I'm wondering if the stated time on the itinerary for arriving in Progreso is the same as the local time. I realize it is the ship time, I need to know if the local time is the same, or if there is a way to figure out what the difference will be?

Thanks!

We'll be cruising to Progresso/Cozumel on March 12-17, 2011. That is the weekend that the US switches to Daylight Savings Time. Does Mexico switch that same weekend, or will the local time be different down there?:confused:

If I'm reading this site correctly, it looks like Mexico starts DLS on April 4th this year...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone.html?n=155

Now, I'm confused. Does the ship time set with the location? Meaning, if it's 10:30 in Mexico is the ship time going to be the same??

So for port days, you need to follow ship time, correct?

The best thing to do is to check your watch as you leave the ship and then calculate the number of hours you are going to be in port and sightsee accordingly.

Mexico has the unsettling habit of following a different DLS schedule which makes for some interesting moments at the airport when one shows up for the morning flight to Houston and finds that the plane has already left!!:eek:

Happy planning!

Archived