Anybody used kolocep snorkeling?

We love to snorkel and wondered what the snorkeling is like in Dubrovnik? This is our first time there and we wonder if we should just sightsee instead. Is the water clear and is there alot of sealife?

The Adriatic sea is clear and we have some sealife. If you're arriving in early May I doubt highly that our water will be warm enough for you to swim. Our water is crisp and cold, I only swim in August but then I am a wimp. You will not find the water here to be anything close to the Caribbean or Hawaii, it is not warm until late summer. It's a bit of a pain to reach the island of Kolocep and I doubt you will have time to do anything else.

May I suggest you visit the old town, we have many historical sights and the city wall, cable car to the mountain top viewpoint. On a good day one can often see Italy. Much to do and see in the old town and we have many very good restaurants for your lunch.

This past year our summer didn't begin until mid June and the waters didn't warm up very quickly with all the rain. It's your first trip here, don't miss the sights.

Thank you, you have helped me make the decision. i was unsure of snorkeling and it is a rather expensive snorkel compared to tours in the caribbean. maybe you can recommend some restaurants and some things we should not miss. also if there are any local handicrafts that we should not go home without. Thank you

Thank you, you have helped me make the decision. i was unsure of snorkeling and it is a rather expensive snorkel compared to tours in the caribbean. maybe you can recommend some restaurants and some things we should not miss. also if there are any local handicrafts that we should not go home without. Thank you

Sorry I am not able to recommend any specific restaurants by cruise critic rules since I am a local resident. As for the sights, you can visit the Dubrovnik tourist bureau website and you can find all the data you need about our many historical sights. As for local items, you can find some at many of the shops while line our local promenade. I personally always buy artwork when I visit a new destination, it helps me remember special places. Dubrovnik is the pearl of the Adriatic, don't miss the sights and sounds and our fresh seafood.

Sorry I am not able to recommend any specific restaurants by cruise critic rules since I am a local resident. As for the sights, you can visit the Dubrovnik tourist bureau website and you can find all the data you need about our many historical sights. As for local items, you can find some at many of the shops while line our local promenade. I personally always buy artwork when I visit a new destination, it helps me remember special places. Dubrovnik is the pearl of the Adriatic, don't miss the sights and sounds and our fresh seafood.

Archived