"Refaring" question

fletcher57

Hi, I called Princess a couple of weeks ago to ask a bunch of questions. One was "What happens if the price for a cruise drops between the time we book and the time of the cruise?" The woman said they would "refare". I didn't pursue it at the time. Does that mean they would reduce our fare all the way down to the current reduced fare? In a similar situation on an NCL cruise I was working with a travel agent and told her that the cost had dropped a lot. I was told I would not get any kind of refund or OBC but that my cabin would be upgraded. Ha! Without any input from me, my cabin was "upgraded" from a balcony midship on a nice quiet deck to a balcony way forward one deck below a dance venue. After two nights of complaining about the racket I was moved back to a balcony midship on a quiet deck. I definitely do not want that happening again. Thanks. Joyce

It your booked cruise drops in price before final payment, and the price drop is NOT in the form of a flash promotion (which is usually for new bookings only and you can not usually benefit from a flash promo), then you will be refared to the lower price. If it is after final payment, you can call and check, but many of the price drops are in the form of flash promos to sell remaining cabins, and often times you can not benefit from the price decreases. Princess rarely will upgrade you because your price dropped.

Keep in mind that any upgrade is to a higher category cabin, even if you don't think it is an upgrade, if the category is higher, that is considered an upgrade by the cruise line. To stay safe in your 'quiet cabin location' it is best to mark your booking as will not accept an upgrade as if you don't, that gives them your permission to upgrade you to any higher category cabin they wish to. Most upgrades are within the category you booked anyway and although there is a chance you could get upgraded to a different type of stateroom, most times it is within the category you booked, so play it safe.

I recently logged in to the Princess web site and noticed our category of cabins had been reduced. I called my travel agent who called Princes and we were given the price reduction of $210 each per cabin. I understand that these price reductions only happen prior to paying the final payment. It was a very good savings and since six of us were booked, quite a large saving for the group.

Hi, my hubby and l booked and paid for our cruise direct with Princess last month, we booked an obstructed view cabin and were told that we might be given a complimentary upgrade to an ocean view cabin, we leave tomorrow on the Dawn Princess.

Less than 2 weeks after final payment l received an email from Princess Cruises offering me a deal on our cruise which was $ 300 less per person for new bookings only.

l forwarded Princess the email that was sent to me and did not receive a reply until last week, it said that we were given a complimentary upgrade from an obstructed view cabin to an ocean view Double Deluxe cabin.

Princess Cruises said that they are not obligated to offer any upgrades or OBC for price drops, the price variation is usually a last minute special to fill up a ship, our cruise still had cabins available until 12 days ago.

l hope that this post helps you.

weed1327

Just love it when new words are made up. The was a big post a few weeks ago when everyone used the word 're-purpose'. English has enough words without is beign bastardised in this way.

Come on now! All langauges grow as time and technology advances. If not, we would be at a wordless loss as to what to call cars, computers, televisions, etc. Wouldst thou be pleased to talkith like such? :eek::D

Hi, my hubby and l booked and paid for our cruise direct with Princess last month, we booked an obstructed view cabin and were told that we might be given a complimentary upgrade to an ocean view cabin, we leave tomorrow on the Dawn Princess.

Less than 2 weeks after final payment l received an email from Princess Cruises offering me a deal on our cruise which was $ 300 less per person for new bookings only.

l forwarded Princess the email that was sent to me and did not receive a reply until last week, it said that we were given a complimentary upgrade from an obstructed view cabin to an ocean view Double Deluxe cabin.

Princess Cruises said that they are not obligated to offer any upgrades or OBC for price drops, the price variation is usually a last minute special to fill up a ship, our cruise still had cabins available until 12 days ago.

l hope that this post helps you.

weed1327

You will enjoy that cabin

Just love it when new words are made up. The was a big post a few weeks ago when everyone used the word 're-purpose'. English has enough words without is beign bastardised in this way.

You'd prefer Chaucerian Engish?:

"Whan that Aprille with its shores sote, the drout of March hath perced to the roote and perced every vane with swich licour, vertu engendered is the flour". Pardon any spelling errors. Chaucer wouldn't care.

Or maybe Shakespeare's period when spelling was free form, and still is judging by your post?:p

English is a live language because it changes.

A very recent example is the word "refudiate", courtesy of a half term Alaska governor.

Latin is considered a dead language because it never changes.

I kind of like re-purpose. It's a sneaky replacement for "I changed my mind".

Both re-purpose and refudiate could be candidates for the next edition of the Oxford Dictionary.

Archived