US Travel Insurance

twroths

We are in the midst of booking a July WB TA (My 4th, YEAH!) and wondering about the Cunard Travel Insurance vs. something we might be able to purchase separately from a 3rd party. The Cunard plan is about $116US for our cabin class (A4).

I saw a few posts about UK round trip coverage but didn't find anything specifically about US TA's.

If I missed something already posted, forgive me. I would appreciate additional info.

Thanks,

twroths - Tom

If any of your travel arrangements... air, transfers, hotel... are not made through Cunard, you will need to purchase 3rd party insurance.

Insuremytripdotcom is a wonderful source of travel insurance information.

I have also used that site several times with success. I have had a few unfortunate experiences that required me to file claims. In all cases they were handled fairly.

I must add that the coverage in my cases cost about twice what you quoted, but they were for all costs on 12 -14 day cruises, often to Europe and back.

We are in the midst of booking a July WB TA (My 4th, YEAH!) and wondering about the Cunard Travel Insurance vs. something we might be able to purchase separately from a 3rd party. The Cunard plan is about $116US for our cabin class (A4).

I saw a few posts about UK round trip coverage but didn't find anything specifically about US TA's.

If I missed something already posted, forgive me. I would appreciate additional info.

Thanks,

twroths - Tom

As was stated earlier..we also use AcessAmerica with good results. Insurance by the cruiselines often has loopholes big enough to drive a bus through. Definately shop around.

Hi Tom,

I've had good luck with Access America - actually booked a TA after our Nov trip in 09 for Jan 10 but had to cancel due to health issues - everything was refunded with no problems.

Crane

Crane?

Is this the Crane from Boston.....we were with you on then Nov 09 WB TA

-Tom

Archived