Technical information about ships, engines, electrical power, water supplies

JokerABC

Anyone know where on the internet or maybe even DVDs to buy about the technical aspects of cruise ships? Maybe even unique to the Allure or Oasis? I have already seen all the shows that have come on Discovery/History, etc :D I am always interested in the engineering aspects of things, how things work etc. I am one of those who have taken Princess paid behind the scenes tours. (Can't take it on RCI as you have to be D+ or something like that).

Wondering if there are any other nerds out there like me. Yes, I am one of those that carry a couple car and outdoor GPSs with me to track the ship!

Anyone know where on the internet or maybe even DVDs to buy about the technical aspects of cruise ships? Maybe even unique to the Allure or Oasis? I have already seen all the shows that have come on Discovery/History, etc :D I am always interested in the engineering aspects of things, how things work etc. I am one of those who have taken Princess paid behind the scenes tours. (Can't take it on RCI as you have to be D+ or something like that).

Wondering if there are any other nerds out there like me. Yes, I am one of those that carry a couple car and outdoor GPSs with me to track the ship!

Go to the website http://www.beyondships.com and you will get a ton of info about any ship that you're interested in. As an example they have "basics" which indicates Class, Builder, Registry, Year Built. There's lots more and I think it will be just what you are looking for.

Hope ypu find it.......let me know. Good luck. :rolleyes:

I know there has to be better sites, but some info try here: http://www.cruiseclues.com/

Also, next time you're aboard, also be sure to attend the scheduled chat with the captain and staff where they talk about all of that. They're always happy to entertain questions, and as many times as I've gone I always learn something new.

Archived