Just booked QE for 5 day trip in April

north east girl

Got lucky with the cabin, have been checking a TA on line all week. The cabin is an A4 on the corner of one of the hump bits (if that is what you call it). Got extra space on the balcony and in the cabin.

Catherine

My A4 secret is out! I am sure I know what cabin you are talking about. I have had one of these before and managed to book again for the Atlantic Homecoming, (which Lanky Lad is also on).

Catherine, if this is so, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks LadyL1, This shows it pays to do your research of the cabins before you book. Had not noticed this at first, then saw the difference in the size. This made me check out the deck plans, glad I did.

Can you notice the difference from the standard to this one?

Catherine

I too will be joining this sailing. We will be in London during the Royal Wedding and then head to Southampton for the "Queen Elizabeth".

Also, we will be sailing on "Queen Victoria" for the short 4 night cruise on Feb 13, 2011. So, it will be interesting to compare the sisters within a short time frame. QM2 is my favorite ship, but I think that the interior of the QE is fantastic.

Rick

How amazing Rick to be in London to see the wedding. I cannot wait to see QE. We have been on QM2 3 times and love it, I'm sure I will feel the same way about QE.

Catherine

Hi Catherine. I hope you are Tony are well.

Fancy a drink in the Commodore Club before dinner on the first night? We booked this trip a while ago as it leaves on Marks birthday (21 again!)

We are much looking forward to this trip. I have decided we will do the bicycle tour in Amsterdam on the first day we are there but have not decided what to do in the other places.

Counting down the days now.

Clare and Mark

Hi Clare and Mark, It would be great to meet up for drinks in the Commodore Club before dinner. We have booked second seating. How lovely for Mark to celebrate his birthday on board.

Catherine

Catherine

The shower room is the same size, the room noticeably bigger and more comfortable. The balcony size is the big plus, and the privacy it affords, which many on the QV lack.

We are certainly looking forward to breakfast in the fresh air, which hopefully in the warmer regions of the cruise, we will be able to have daily.

I hope this makes you ever eager for your next trip!

Hi Cath, Let me know what you think of this one. Would love to do this one. How many days is it?

Catherine

It's 24 nights :) We loved a similar trip on QM2 last year and I would be more than happy to have taken the similar one this year. My husband however, fancies trying QE so we are doing that. The only thing is that it is a round trip from/to Southampton so I doubt there will be the same mix of people as a TA/Cruise/TA which I enjoy.

QE sounds great though so I won't complain :rolleyes:

Sorry Catherine, forgot to say that (from an inside stateroom point of view) your room and balcony sound fabulous!

Catherine

The shower room is the same size, the room noticeably bigger and more comfortable. The balcony size is the big plus, and the privacy it affords, which many on the QV lack.

We are certainly looking forward to breakfast in the fresh air, which hopefully in the warmer regions of the cruise, we will be able to have daily.

I hope this makes you ever eager for your next trip!

Thanks for the info, doesn't take much for me to be eager to book something else. Much to my husbands disapproval, I think you only live once.

I'm going to make the most of it whilst I can still afford it.

Catherine

It's 24 nights :) We loved a similar trip on QM2 last year and I would be more than happy to have taken the similar one this year. My husband however, fancies trying QE so we are doing that. The only thing is that it is a round trip from/to Southampton so I doubt there will be the same mix of people as a TA/Cruise/TA which I enjoy.

QE sounds great though so I won't complain :rolleyes:

Sorry Catherine, forgot to say that (from an inside stateroom point of view) your room and balcony sound fabulous!

Your trip sounds great, would like to try it myself sometime. The only problems we have to get special permission to have more than 2 weeks off at once.

Catherine

Your trip sounds great, would like to try it myself sometime. The only problems we have to get special permission to have more than 2 weeks off at once.

Catherine

That's the difficulty with some of these longer trips - last year's was 22 nights and I was worried I would be bored :eek: Not at all - just so relaxing.

Archived