Flights from BA to Iguazu

marilynfaye

I read a post on this forum that indicated that travel agents in B.A. can get airline tickets to Iguazu that are less expensive than we can get on the airline's web site. Have others found this to be true?

Yes in Jan 2006!

I read a post on this forum that indicated that travel agents in B.A. can get airline tickets to Iguazu that are less expensive than we can get on the airline's web site. Have others found this to be true?

Perhaps they can, but I sure wouldn't wait too long to get them. With these being smaller planes, I was very concerned that the planes wouldn't be full, especially for the more desirable flight times.

When you find out how much of a difference there is, please let us know.

Are you talking about a package that the TA puts together including a hotel in Iguazu? Or just a straight airline ticket? Are you wanting to have the reservation before arriving in BA or waiting until you get there and hope to buy something and fly a day or two later? January and February are the two most popular months for SA citizens to travel to Iguazu (their summer vacation time) and as Mike suggested the best times and days get booked early. It is easy to book flights and there are only two airlines to choose from. There are about 7 flights each day from BA to Iguazu. If you want the lower cost airline pick AA but it has the more restrictive luggage rules.

Are you talking about a package that the TA puts together including a hotel in Iguazu? Or just a straight airline ticket? Are you wanting to have the reservation before arriving in BA or waiting until you get there and hope to buy something and fly a day or two later? January and February are the two most popular months for SA citizens to travel to Iguazu (their summer vacation time) and as Mike suggested the best times and days get booked early. It is easy to book flights and there are only two airlines to choose from. There are about 7 flights each day from BA to Iguazu. If you want the lower cost airline pick AA but it has the more restrictive luggage rules.

All good questions, Biker.

I already have a hotel reservation. I had enough points to get the Sheraton for free so I am really just looking for a better price on the flight if that is possible. I do want to set this up in advance. We will be there in mid March. We will also need a driver to take us to the Brazil side. That could be part of "the package".

The plan is to leave most of our luggage at a hotel in B.A., go to the Falls for two days and then return to the same hotel so we'll be taking very little on the smaller plane.

I think I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the tickets. As maddoglimited said, the are $$$.

Also note that if you are a US citizen (see you are in TX) that you will need the visa for Brazil if you going over to that side. I certainly would not chance a driver who says he can get you in without a visa. And perhaps you already have one and are good to go. Flights in March are around $381pp depending on time and day. You can get a taxi to the Sheraton very easily. Entrance fee to park must be paid in pesos and is $100ar this year ($25us).

Our cruise makes three stops in Brazil so have to get the visa anyway. I agree with you. I would be very uncomfortable with a taxi driver who says he can smuggle you across the border. I bought our tickets last night on LAN (at least I can get some American Airlines miles) and did pay $381 per person.

Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

Archived