honolulu pier Royal

donna5

OK for those of you that have started a cruise or ended a cruise at Honolulu where have you docked and what is around it. I assume that ships that are using it as a port stop dock at different piers than those that are actually embarking and disembarking.

So I'd like to hear from those that remember their experience.

And if you go to google maps and look at the piers, it appears that the Golden is at a pier and it looks like it is called pier one.

For our cruise no pier is assigned yet on the Honolulu schedule (March 25) but the Saga Ruby is there and is assigned (pier 11).

It would be nice if the Royal would be somewhere that you can get off and walk around and do things.

OK for those of you that have started a cruise or ended a cruise at Honolulu where have you docked and what is around it. I assume that ships that are using it as a port stop dock at different piers than those that are actually embarking and disembarking.

So I'd like to hear from those that remember their experience.

And if you go to google maps and look at the piers, it appears that the Golden is at a pier and it looks like it is called pier one.

For our cruise no pier is assigned yet on the Honolulu schedule (March 25) but the Saga Ruby is there and is assigned (pier 11).

It would be nice if the Royal would be somewhere that you can get off and walk around and do things.

Every time I have been to Hawaii with Princess they have docked at Pier 17 which is at the Aloha Tower.

Last year, sailing on the Pacific Princess, we were docked at one of the farthest piers from Aloha Tower. We were hoping to drop off our luggage and then walk around the Aloha Tower marketplace, but we would have had to take a taxi or the shuttle over to it as it was just too far to walk after such a long flight.

This year on the Royal, there is no word yet on the pier we will sail from, but if I find it, I will let you know. Hopefully, this cruise we will be a bit closer to the Aloha Tower than last year.

Each time we have sailed out of Honolulu to Tahiti, it has been from a different pier.

Edited-I found the pier schedule, but it seems there has not been a pier assignment for the Royal yet for any of the coming months. I guess I will have to keep checking back to see if one shows up.

Last year, sailing on the Pacific Princess, we were docked at one of the farthest piers from Aloha Tower. We were hoping to drop off our luggage and then walk around the Aloha Tower marketplace, but we would have had to take a taxi or the shuttle over to it as it was just too far to walk after such a long flight.

This year on the Royal, there is no word yet on the pier we will sail from, but if I find it, I will let you know. Hopefully, this cruise we will be a bit closer to the Aloha Tower than last year.

Each time we have sailed out of Honolulu to Tahiti, it has been from a different pier.

Edited-I found the pier schedule, but it seems there has not been a pier assignment for the Royal yet for any of the coming months. I guess I will have to keep checking back to see if one shows up.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks

Every time I have been to Hawaii with Princess they have docked at Pier 17 which is at the Aloha Tower.

Did you actually embark there, I don't need to know where Princess docked if it was only a port call. Looking for the start or end of a cruise there.

Did you actually embark there, I don't need to know where Princess docked if it was only a port call. Looking for the start or end of a cruise there.

Yes, we did embark there. I remember walking off the ship right into the Aloha Center after we had checked in and checked out our cabin.

I've docked at different piers in Honolulu. Pier 17 is at aloha towers which is really nice. Lots of things to do and see. That is the one you want. The others are horrible, nothing but a old building and a place to get on and off the ship, nothing to do or see.

Good luck. Just keep looking up the pier schedule.

Archived