Juneau - Alaska Brewery Company

susanks1

We are going on an Alaska cruise in the first week of September. My husband wants to go to the Alaska Brewery in Juneau. How far is that from the cruise ships and are there taxis waiting when the cruise ships arrive? Thanks for your help.

We are going on an Alaska cruise in the first week of September. My husband wants to go to the Alaska Brewery in Juneau. How far is that from the cruise ships and are there taxis waiting when the cruise ships arrive? Thanks for your help.

It's a couple of miles. You could take the public bus for $1.50 each way. It's a short walk from the bus stop to the brewery.

If you prefer a cab, there's a taxi stand in front of the Red Dog Saloon. Your map provided by the ship with all the tourist traps will have it clearly marked, as I don't know where you'll be docking. If you're docked at the furthest dock, it'd probably be easier to call a cab and they'll come pick you up and take you to the brewery. Head to juneautravel.com for cab company phone numbers; they're all good companies.

The Alaska Brewing Co store that we saw was just that, a store-no tasting, but an Alaska Amber and crab at the crab shack on the dock-super yum! So good we went back for dinner! If you are going to be in Anchorage, we ate at the Glacier brewhouse-good beer & food, and they have smaller servings of beer if you want to sample more than one. i would suggest reservations, as it appears they get rather busy when the ships are in town.

Archived