Help with Dream cabin selection

Giskard

Trying to decide between larger aft balcony 9477 or 12202 spa balcony. Price is almost exactly the same. If I understand right the cabin size will be the same so the difference is the size of the balcony and the spa amenities. We've had aft cabins before and have liked them. I'm leaning towards the spa balcony because it would be different and it would be an open balcony. I don't know how much we will actually use the spa stuff, although with it all right there next to us it is much more likely.

Would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks, Deb

We are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year on board the Dream. At the time we were pricing our cabin, the costs weren't the same. So, we evaluated what you get in the Spa amenities and realized they weren't the kinds of things we typically do there. So, on that basis we decided to a la carte any spa things we will do. Went with an aft cabin that was not part of the spa package.

For you, if the cost were actually the same it might be tempting though. The larger balcony would tip us, no doubt. We are balcony people.

Trying to decide between larger aft balcony 9477 or 12202 spa balcony. Price is almost exactly the same. If I understand right the cabin size will be the same so the difference is the size of the balcony and the spa amenities. We've had aft cabins before and have liked them. I'm leaning towards the spa balcony because it would be different and it would be an open balcony. I don't know how much we will actually use the spa stuff, although with it all right there next to us it is much more likely.

Would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks, Deb

12202 is aweome!

We had 12202 and 12204 during our trip.

12202 has a few extra feet as the door actually faces towards the front of the ship, providing a small "alcove" before you make a left to go into your room. I may have some shots of it in my review down below. Add the fact that there are only 8 rooms on that side of deck 12, and you are 30 feet away from the spa and some of the sweetest public bathrooms on the ship and you will be happy you booked 12202!

LOL, still on the fence. Good points for both. We love the balcony too and have had great luck getting "secret" cabins with bigger balconys on past cruises (mainly RCL and Princess). BUT I like that 12202's balcony is open (even if the people on 15 could look down) so that may be worth not being as big, when added in with the Spa.

Right before I went to bed I priced out a cabin on Legend that has almost the same route but leaves from Tampa. We could get an aft wrap around suite for the price of the two balcony cabins above...... So now what do I do? Haven't hit DH with this option yet. Need to price out airfares to both etc etc.....Good thing I love planning trips.

Oh, we've only sailed Carnival once and it was our first cruise at least 10 yrs ago. So feel like I'm starting from scratch researching these boats.

Cant really look down onto 12202. Reason is because the walled entrance to the Serenity area is directly above 12202, so the people are more towards 12204. Of course, they're only about 12 feet from you but, with the beautiful vistas of the sailaway, the sea, and entering and exiting the ports, they usually have better things to do than look down and see what you're doing on your deck... ;}

Archived