Beach Towels - Caribbean Cruises

flea b

Hi everyone

I have been on 2 previous Fred Olsen Cruises but neither were fly cruises. Does the rule that you are not allowed to take the Beach Towels off the ship still apply? I was just wondering as beach towels are a bit heavy in your luggage and I don't want to take them if it's not necessary!:)

Thanks in advance, Fi x

Hi everyone

I have been on 2 previous Fred Olsen Cruises but neither were fly cruises. Does the rule that you are not allowed to take the Beach Towels off the ship still apply? I was just wondering as beach towels are a bit heavy in your luggage and I don't want to take them if it's not necessary!:)

Thanks in advance, Fi x

Hi Fi, you are right, you are not allowed to take them from the ship as FO will tell you they are for the ships loungers only.

Due to the weight it would be best to buy a couple of cheap ones when we get to Barbados and then may be get rid of them, or sometimes pass them to the ship staff, who sometimes want things like that

See you soon x

Hi FleaB it was the case last year, we bought a couple in M&S which were quite light, sometimes you can buy 5KG of extra luggage in advance for a small charge which makes it a bit easier when you are taking formal wear and towels. Enjoy your cruise:)

This very naughty but when on the Braemar recently we did borrow a couple of the gym towels to use when we went to the beach.....as it happened we never went to the beach due to the weather so we put them back in the gym.....I appreciate if everyone did this it could cause a shortage so I am not recommending it but if you get stuck.....

Archived