Just returned from the Crown Princess.

rajones007

SO,SO FUNNY about the lettuce....who knows how many cruise cycles it has been there for.

I believe there have been other threads about what people have found in their staterooms upon arrival.

p.s. Sorry for your loss.

You are so funny in your review...We were on the Crown for the Christmas cruise, so I certianly can relate to all of ypur very humorous observations..Thanks for letting us relive the cruise, especially the funny things delivered through your well written words ! ( sorry about the death of someone that was so special to you !)

-I was standing at the Pursers Desk/Passenger Services in the Elite/Platinum/Suite line. There was only maybe 3 or 4 people in the other line and all the service people were busy with passengers. A young couple came in behind me and 10 seconds later an elderly lady came up behind them. She immediately piped up "are you elite?" The young lady said "pardon?". "Are you elite? This line is for elite passengers only". The young couple looked blank for a second and then I was called up to the counter. I turned around and told the young couple to go ahead of me. And they went straight to the counter. Then the elderly lady huffed and asked me the same question "are you elite?". I simply responded "yes". Sorry lady, whoever you were. You don't treat people like that, I don't care how much cruising you've done in your life. You're no better than them. You want to be rude and arrogant you'll get right back in spades. It wasn't WHAT she said, it was HOW she said it. The young couple just got in the wrong line...give them a break.

What's with these "Elite Police"? :eek:

We needed to get some small bills so since we're Elite and have been for a long time, used the that line. Some woman in the rather long regular line screamed at us that we couldn't go there unless we were Elite. :rolleyes:

Great you took care of the young couple! We'd have done the same!

Also, very worry about your loss.

I know some "elite" passengers can be real snobs but also know there are non elite pax who will go in the line because it is shorter. What do you suggest you do to stop this?

For the amount you paid for the suite you deserved special treatment and that is only a part but it is nice.

I know some "elite" passengers can be real snobs but also know there are non elite pax who will go in the line because it is shorter. What do you suggest you do to stop this?

For the amount you paid for the suite you deserved special treatment and that is only a part but it is nice.

Oh, I agree that there should be benefits for Elite/Plat passengers because of their loyalty. It was just the tone of the elderly ladies voice that caused me to even remember the incident. Just because the couple was young does not necessarily mean they can't possibly be in that line.

It's hard to explain in text. I just felt a little sympathy for the young couple, that's all. They were probably in the same state of mind that I was in...awe...wonder...and confused. I know I was in a constant state of confusion wherever I was or whatever it was I wanted to do. And now this young couple has 'embarassment' added to their list. It's a lot of work being on a cruise ship for the first time.

As for a suggestion on what to do, I would say that off to the right side of Passenger Services is a little counter top where they keep forms and such. The counter isn't as high as the rest, so put a couple comfy chairs there. Make that the Elite/Plat/Suite line. It's sort of separated from the rest of the counter which will help stop any confusion. Keep a sign on the counter, viewable from every possible angle which explains who can stand in that line. If they did that then it should be painfully obvious to everyone.

Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest.

Thanks rajones. The idea of the comfy seats sounds good but the sign may not do too much good as there is a sign where you enter the elite/suites area.

I do know how fussy some of these people be. Just check some of the comments on here as I am sure you have. Some think they are the most important people in the world. I sometimes think they would expect the Queen or President to step aside for them.

Oops, I am going to catch it for this

As you have said 95% of the passengers are nice, but the other 5%.... I remember standing by the shore excursion desk and a passenger was really making as ass of himself. It seems there was a $5 discrepancy between the previously published price and the present price. On a cruise that cost a couple of $K-give me a break.

After this next cruise I will be Elite-big deal! It does not make me better than anyone else that may have paid the same OR MORE for that cruise.

I have heard of passengers asking what deck another was on, as if it matters!

I am there to enjoy the cruise experience, not to play one upsmanship with anyone else.

Lucy, pls do me a favour while on board the Crown!

Would you mind seeing if they still sell the Crown magnet (it is silver and has the ship on it) in the Gift shop? Price approx. 6.95

My girlfriend is asking so when I saw you were sailing soon, thought I would ask you to check, if you have time!

Thanks!

email if you would rather: cdntravelgal1 at hotmail dot com

Thanks for the great review (I'm still laughing about the lettuce)! We're sailing on the Crown this Saturday (Jan.22nd) and I'll think of you when I check out the mystery meat at the buffet.:D

Hey Lucy,

I don't recall if you have joined us on our roll call for the cruise this Saturday, but if you haven't, we have plenty of room!! :D

See you on Saturday!

Amy

I was on the cruise and we had a great time. Only time I saw a line was on the first day at the buffet. We didn't get a chair on the first sea day, but that was our own fault. We wen to the CC meet and greet, then to the pub lunch and didn't want to take up a chair with towels like some people.

That's how it came across to me also. I hope the OP has a better experience next time out.

If you read my original post you would have seen that I said I had a great time and loved the cruise.

All of the little tidbits I'm typing are just that...little tidbits. Things I noticed thoughout the 7 days. I'm not angry or perturbed about anything that happened. They're simply random thoughts on things that I noticed during the cruise and I'm simply relaying them here. No more. No less.

Thanks for giving the young couple a break. I had an Elite Policewoman stop me at disembakation and question my status. Both my wife and I are Elites and with pleasure we showed her our cards, She semed disappointed that she didn't catch us sneaking in.

Thanks for giving the young couple a break. I had an Elite Policewoman stop me at disembakation and question my status. Both my wife and I are Elites and with pleasure we showed her our cards, She semed disappointed that she didn't catch us sneaking in.

That must have felt great! If I ever get questioned (once I finally hit Elite), I will most definitely flash the card and ask to see theirs! :)

To the OP, nice review. I have to say though, that your review doesn't really provide a ringing endorsement for the expense of a suite. I'm glad you mentioned you had a good time, but I think I'd be a bit sour on the experience given the 'issues' with that room vs. the cost.

Sorry for your loss, and glad you could still make the best of your trip.

great review thank you!! so funny-- but i have to say i love the pizza, really love it, and i think i still have some of it on my thighs from my last trip!

I probably sounded more harsh on the pizza that I meant to be. It was good. I was just expecting much more because I've read so much about how great the pizza is.

I liked it enough to order a pizza via room service...twice! And the 2nd time I actually ordered 2! One pepperoni and one special of the day, which I think was 4 cheese.

I dived in (my GF was seasick and only had a couple bites) and there was still well more than half left. So I left it in the box on the bar counter. I love cold pizza and fully expected to have some more for a snack and perhaps even lunch the next day.

But our room steward took it when we left for an hour the next morning! Damn him! Damn him all to hell!

Archived