Back for the Magic 7 day eastern 2/19- 2/26

bcruiser

We just returned on Sat 2/26 from our 7 day eastern cruise. My self, wife and 2 children ages 5 and 6.

This was my 4th on Disney and 10th cruise overall.

Before our departure I had visions of our kids spending most of the day with the Kids programs. While I relaxed at the Quite Cove pool sipping drinks with my wife. Well that wish never came true. Not only our kids but many others we spoke with complained the camp was booring, too many kids and to much time in lines and getting organized. Goofey and Pluto made a 15 minute apperance at the Goofey Pajama Party but that was the only time a character visted the camp.

This however was our only complaint. The service and the food quality have all been improved since our last trip on Disney. Plenty of Family activities and some nice additions to the ship.

Today I am short on time but please feel free to ask any question you have I will be glad to answer

Bryan

Bryan,

I have three children, 4, 6 & 10 and we have been seriously considering doing a Disney cruise. Because we have three children, we have to go to a category 4 room or higher to accomodate all of us.

Including flight, we are probably looking at around 10k canadian for the 5 of us. Is it worth it? Should we go with another cruiseline and pay less? Everyone says you have to try Disney once. I am worried if we leave it too long, my oldest won't enjoy it. She will be past the "Mouse Age".

What do you think?

Don't get me wrong we loved our cruise. I was somewhat disapointed in the childrens camp. The week we traveled was our Kids school winter break maybe the amount of kids on the ship was to much for the camp to handle. The feed back for m the kids I saw attending camp was it was boring. Having said that there are plent of activities outside the camp to do as a family. For the 1 week trip the kids spent approx 5 or 6 hour total at the camp.

We stayed in an inside cabin. We chose this because we have cruised many times and have spent the xtra for a balcony or an outside room an have not felt it was worth the money.

You may want to consider ajoing inside rooms. Be careful when booking you cruise. We had a 2000.00 credit given us because we found a better price on Disney.com after we booked. I paid for the 4 of us 3177.00 US no air or insurance.

Bryan

Hi Shar,

When booking your disney cruise with 3 kids look into connecting Cat 10 staterooms. It should be cheaper than the Cat 4 Family Stateroom and you'll have lots of space and 2 bathrooms etc... There are many connecting Cat 10's on Deck2, 6 and some on 5. Cat 11's and 12's have no connecting but double check with Disney! Good Luck

I too suggest looking into connecting staterooms or rooms across from each other to have a verandah. It will be cheaper than a 4. You will have a great time if you choose to try DCL. Good luck.

We just got off the Magic on 3/5... the week following bcruiser. We had just the opposite experience. We found the kids club to be wonderful. Our kids 6 and 7 yrs did not want to leave. My husband and I had so much time to ourselves. There was never a line to sign them in or out... even on the rainy "at sea" day when just about every child on board was in the club. On the other hand, we were disappointed in the food quality on this cruise. It was by no means "bad", but the menus on our previous 4 Disney cruises were better. One thing that has been added since our cruise last year was the Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party. Disney is now the only ship at sea that has a fireworks display... not to be missed.

Sassikay

The weather was very nice. the first 2 days(while at sea) the wind was around 20 to 25 knots. but the temps were mid 70's. once in st maarten and st thomas and castaway the wind had died down and the temps were upper 70's and 80's.

Enjoy your trip.

Laujac,

I am glad to hear the club was better for your kids. The crew told me on our trip there were 1200 children. How many would you estimate on your week ?.

Sorry to hear about the food issue. Maybe in the past we had just gotten used to poor food that we considered this an upgrade.

Take care bryan

Archived