Carnival's Fly Aweigh program

Dee777

Hey everyone!

We've used the Fly Aweigh twice already and the last time we did we were pretty grateful to have booked that way as Carnival did as they advertised and got us to the ship despite a blizzard that held us back three hours and caused us to miss our connecting flight. Our PVP was awesome, and kept in close contact with me via cell phone throughout the day. Carnival found us a flight to replace the missed one, and got us ground transportation from the airport to the ship and even reimbursed us for the fare as soon as we got on the ship. That being said... :o

We are going to the Eastern Caribbean on the Glory on Feb. 13. We purchased the fly aweigh again. Six other people are cruising with us leaving from the same airport that we are. They have their flights showing in their itineraries. We however, do not. Ours still says flights pending. DH tells me not to worry, PVP tells me he is keeping an eye on it and everything will be okay. DD tells me to give it until the end of the week before I call the PVP again. And I am asking you all this: What is the latest those of you who purchased Fly Aweigh had your flight assignments show up? We are 26 days from flight day (supposed to fly into Miami the day before cruise). Thank you all for your input, I find this an invaluable site and appreciate all I have learned here!

Dee

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I have noticed that most people do book their own air. I usually book my own air for other trips we take. This cruise was rather short notice (for us anyway!) and all the air I could find was rather expensive (more than 1K per person) because flying form Canada with all our taxes and government fees is absolutely criminally insane as far as I am concerned :D

The rates Carnival gave me were almost half of the price of anything I could find. I really don't care which airline we fly with, just so long as I get to the ship, then life will be aaaaaallllll better!

We're coming from Canada as well. When I booked through the TA, I specifically asked for Buffalo, and saved ourselves big $$$.

We're on Glory the week before you!

We fly from the US too, only we are in Saskatchewan so we drive to Montana and fly from Great Falls. It's almost a six hour drive for us, but we save a LOT doing it. A flight to Vegas for us can cost upwards of $600 with taxes included per person from here, and flying from Great Falls is costing me $150 taxes included in March! Have a great cruise, look after the Glory for us lol

We also always book our own airfare and fly in two days before we sail since I always though that with Carnival's fly away program they flew you in the day of the cruise. Is this the norm or do they give you the option of flying in a day ahead of the cruise? Just wondering.

We also always book our own airfare and fly in two days before we sail since I always though that with Carnival's fly away program they flew you in the day of the cruise. Is this the norm or do they give you the option of flying in a day ahead of the cruise? Just wondering.

We've used Carnival's Fly Aweigh program for both of our cruises. Both times we flew in the day of the cruise.

Carnival offers an air deviation with an extra fee of $50.00 per person to fly us in a day early and they book the hotel room. The rooms are pretty good, too. They are picking us up with a shuttle at noon the day of the cruise.

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and we just booked this week for the Carnival Dream, Feb 19th 2011.

I'm on the phone with carnival right now trying to ask for a deviation, they won't do anything for me. I'm flying in from Halifax and same day flights here bring us in very close to the sail time of 4:00pm (one connects through New York, with a landing in Orlando of 2:30pm.

Whether here is always an issue. It snowed an inch today and that is normal.

Do you think we'll end up a day early? Anybody know the number to call for Carnival's Air department? I keep calling 1-800-321-6666 and it's running me in circles...not a good start to this whole experience.

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and we just booked this week for the Carnival Dream, Feb 19th 2011.

I'm on the phone with carnival right now trying to ask for a deviation, they won't do anything for me. I'm flying in from Halifax and same day flights here bring us in very close to the sail time of 4:00pm (one connects through New York, with a landing in Orlando of 2:30pm.

Do you think we'll end up a day early? Anybody know the number to call for Carnival's Air department? I keep calling 1-800-321-6666 and it's running me in circles...not a good start to this whole experience.

Hi miesh111,

Oooh - I would definitely try to get a flight for the day before - if possible. 2:30 is cutting it really close.

Here is the number and extension you're looking for

1-800-321-6666 ext 70186

Hope everything works out!

Orlando is 45 minutes from Port Canaveral you will never make it.

I was told by Carnival Fly-Away that people going to FL from west coast usually arrive day before as flights don't get cruisers to ship on time. Otherwise all others fly day of cruise. I offered to pay for hotel if they would fly us day prior to cruise. I was told NO. I've never bookedCarnivals Fly-Away but all I could find for airfare was $800 per person, Carnival got us $550. That's a big difference but I HATE not flying day before we cruise! Probably wont do it this way again.

Archived