another NCL children's program question

Mommy oooo

I think I already know the answer but figured I'd ask for others experiences. We have 2 DD's, ages 6 and 2. They will be in different groups. I think my 2 year old will be fine if we drop her off (she goes to a toddler enrichment class once a week and is fine being dropped off) and I leave her in the kids center at the gym and where I work( although I am one room over from her and she knows that I'm there), but if she is not fine, will they let my 6 year old go into the younger program? Which I have no problem with because she plays very good with younger children. We will be traveling during Feb vacation so that equals to many children onboard. I think I'm just asking more for curiosity than anything else. My DD is the type who may cry for 1 minute and then be fine.

I don't know; usually you can move down in age, but not up.

I am hopeful (but not terribly prolific optimistic) that you are correct. My DD will have just turned 10 when we cruise in August, but she has Down syndrome, and would do much better grouped with the 6 to 9 year olds. NCL Rep says no problem, but we all know how inaccurate they can be.

I am hopeful (but not terribly prolific optimistic) that you are correct. My DD will have just turned 10 when we cruise in August, but she has Down syndrome, and would do much better grouped with the 6 to 9 year olds. NCL Rep says no problem, but we all know how inaccurate they can be.

FYI- when we were on the NCL Pearl in Aug/Sept last year, there was a boy with Down Sx who wanted to go down the big outdoor pool slide. They ushered the other kids off the ladder so his brother could help him walk up and he wouldn't feel rushed, and then let the brother get into the pool basin at the bottom to sort of "catch" him. It was awesome to see... he was having a blast, and I thought NCL did a nice job of making some accommodations so that he could enjoy everything a little more comfortably.

Archived