Friend And Family Coupon Information Update

samemily

I wanted to update all cruise critic members on the Friend and Family Coupon.

I received 2 of these from cruise critic friends, again thanks Aprille and Marjorie.

I had 4 cabins booked for my family and am happy to report that the first coupon has been accepted by Royal Caribbean. My final payment is due Mar 6 and I wasn't sure I could use it, since I had booked back in Sep.

I received the 2 coupon Saturday and faxed it to my TA today. She believes that I will be able to use the second one also. I will let everyone know how this turns out.

What I wanted everyone to know is that as long as you have not made final payment and the coupon has not expired, you can use it.

Emily of Samemily

We had this same experience.... We received coupons in the C&A magazine after booking rooms for both us and a family member. RCCL honored coupons for both staterooms. We weren't sure they would and were very happy when they did. :)

We recently had 3 rooms booked for our August Majesty of the Seas 4 day cruise. 2 for ourselves & 1 for BIL & wife I received 1 friends & family coupon. RCCL was nice enought to extend the $50 off each stateroom for all 3 of ours.

It seems there is no standard procedure for using the friend's and family coupons. I just received $50 off one cabin, though I had 4 booked. I am hoping the other $50 coupon will work for one of the other cabins. Some of the coupons now have a period of time noted for when you are cruising, based on some postings I just read. .

ISCHRAGE,

The way these works is:

I believe RC has been having a promotion where those who have cruised are receiving 2 coupons in the mail for future cruises. I don't know how long this will last, but if you can find someone to send you a coupon, you may be able to get $50 off a booked cruise.

If my family and I get coupons in the mail after we sail in May, I will definitely be posting these on cruise critic, I would like to give back a little from everything I am getting from these boards. They are awesome.

Emily of Samemily

I'm really bumming :( We have been on several RC Cruises, and we are Crown and Anchor members - we have never received these coupons.

I've sailed RCI 6 times and just received my first one -- thanking me for sailing on the Grandeur in December.

Hi, Emily! You're very welcome and I'm glad the coupon worked. I thought it would work for all 4 of your cabins though.

Are you telling me that even though I booked my Alaskan cruise back in June that I could have used my $50 coupon for the existing booking?! Dang! I didn't even try because I thought I would have to rebook to use it and the price has gone up so much it wasn't worth it. Now it's expired. :(

Oh well - live and learn. Thanks for the info.

I've sailed 6 times on RC and also have never received any of these coupons. I'm presently booked on a cruise in May with my mom and 3 sisters and with my family (husband and two kids) and my kids two friends on VOS for July. I could have used some of those coupons.

Archived