Arriving into MCO late night

Poop6425

We are arriving into MCO around 11 pm at night. The next day we are leaving out of Port Caneveral on the dream. I am leaning towards staying in MCO that night to get some sleep and drive over in the morning. I checked the Hyatt at the airport but its $170 a night. Next option would be to find a hotel with a shuttle for the night. I read several threads that rental cars are cheaper than shuttles and I found that to be true. My question is that if we're at a hotel in the mco airport area, how would we get to a car rental place at the airport? What have others done? Could we take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and get a rental that way?

My question is that if we're at a hotel in the mco airport area, how would we get to a car rental place at the airport? What have others done? Could we take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and get a rental that way?

That is exactly what you would do. The overwhelming majority of rental companies are located in the parking structure, directly across the small road from the main terminal. BTW, there are a number of off-airport hotels to choose from between 1-2 miles away on Semoran Blvd. to the north.

If you have your rental car reservation in place and you have joined that company's frequent renter program (often free), then you can go directly to the parking structure to get your car and not go back to the car rental desk inside the main terminal first. This step alone can save you 20-60 minutes, depending on time of day.

We are arriving into MCO around 11 pm at night. The next day we are leaving out of Port Caneveral on the dream. I am leaning towards staying in MCO that night to get some sleep and drive over in the morning. I checked the Hyatt at the airport but its $170 a night. Next option would be to find a hotel with a shuttle for the night. I read several threads that rental cars are cheaper than shuttles and I found that to be true. My question is that if we're at a hotel in the mco airport area, how would we get to a car rental place at the airport? What have others done? Could we take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and get a rental that way?

Try the Country Inn and Suites Orlando Airport. It is a nice, clean hotel that offers free airport shuttle service and free breakfast the next morning. If I had a late arrival, such as you, I would book a resonably priced hotel for the night and then have a quick breakfast and take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to either rent a car or take other modes of transportation to the port. Also, check with the front desk of the hotel for pizza or other meal delivery. Being that late, you may not want to venture out. Just a thought. :)

Also, TraveLynx Shuttle Service has some very good reviews and prices for transportation to the Port. They will even pick you up from your Orlando area hotel. You may want to check out their prices.

Archived