PV and Mazatlan questions!

js4rq

Is Senor Frog worth going to once? Which restaurant is easier to get to from the cruise terminal – the one in PV or Mazatlan? What about Cheeky monkey? I assume the best way of getting there is by taxi.

Where in PV is the best way to enjoy a sunset cocktail or dinner even?

What things are sold at the flea markets and what sort of prices?

Is Senor Frog worth going to once? Which restaurant is easier to get to from the cruise terminal – the one in PV or Mazatlan? What about Cheeky monkey? I assume the best way of getting there is by taxi.

Senor Frogs is worth going to once. I would go to the one in Mazatlan. Just take a taxi from the cruise port should be about $5pp.

In PV head to the Rio Cuale you will find some fine restaraunts where the meals are excellent and the margaritas ate great.

As for the flea markets it all depends. Remember you are expected to haggle for almost everything.

In PV the Cheeky Monkey and Senor Frog's are not too far apart on the malecon. I like the Cheeky Monkey for the fun and dollar drinks plus a great view. I get there by taking a blue and white bus downtown and get off when it turns off the main street at the beginning of the malecon.

Some of the shops in PV feature hand carved statues that are covered with tiny beads. They do the beading in the shops, and it is interesting to watch.

What is the cost of the bus from the cruise port to downtown PV ?

Bus fare is six and a half pesos. Just a little over 50 cents US. If you don't have pesos, you can give the driver a dollar per person and you will get some pesos back in change. I wouldn't try to give him a larger bill or US coins.

Thanks for the feedback!

Are the shops you mention near the PV port?? And are the statutes safe to go through customs??

How much is tequila sold at Walmart??

There is a flea market near the port, but the shops I like are downtown. I have not had problems with customs as long as you declare what you buy and stay within the limits with merchandise and liquor.

WalMart has several different brands of Tequila and the prices vary quite a bit. They are usually less expensive than the shops downtown but if you are looking for a specific brand or flavor, they may not carry it.

There is a flea market near the port, but the shops I like are downtown. I have not had problems with customs as long as you declare what you buy and stay within the limits with merchandise and liquor.

WalMart has several different brands of Tequila and the prices vary quite a bit. They are usually less expensive than the shops downtown but if you are looking for a specific brand or flavor, they may not carry it.

We usually buy a litre of Cazadore at the La Playa on Olas Atlas in the southside, one block up from Playa Los Arcos, it is 190 pesos there, in July the same bottle was 210 pesos at La Playa . This time we bought it at Walmart (on our way back from Mismaloya) and it was 230 pesos for the same bottle, that said it came in a nice fancy cylinder which is going to hold all of my loonies and toonies till the next vacation :D.

Don Julio was also more expensive at Wally's too.

And I agree with Swedish weave all the shops I like are southside or downtown too and stopping at CM for a icy cold Pacifico :)

The vendors by the cruise dock are way more expensive, when shopping downtown you can tell vendors," I will come back tomorrow that price is too high today" This tells them you are not a cruiser and they should bring the price down.

We will probably do a tour with Mazatlan Frank or Johann and Sandra tours. We would like to check out the shops as well.

As we are in PV until 9pm, we might have a sunrise cocktail or dinner.

We are in Mazatlan until 6pm. Depending on the tour's duration, we'd like to go for a swim. Are the beaches as nice as PV??

anyone? :p

I will tell you what I have done that works for me. I go through the ships tours and write down the things that interest me, then I find an English speaking taxi driver and ask him if we can do these things and what it will cost plus how much time it will take. If we don't have enough time or if the cost is more than I want to pay, we start eliminating things from the list until we reach an agreement.

Archived