food allergy issue

Gypsyfeet

We'll be on the Emerald Princess in March.

My hubby has a lactose-intolerance issue that is fairly easilly managed at home, but was wondering about shipboard.

Do they have lactose-free milk (Lactaid) in the dining room &/or buffet? He doesn' drink soy milk.

What about dairy-free coffee creamer? (ex:CoffeeMate).

They had both these things on NCL but this is our first Princess cruise. If absolutely necessary I'll bring his milk with us.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

I have never seen CoffeeMate. I wish it was available in the dining rooms and at the buffet, as I am not normally one to use real cream in my coffee.

BTW, which Emerald sailing are you going to be on?

My hubby has a lactose-intolerance issue that is fairly easilly managed at home, but was wondering about shipboard.

Do they have lactose-free milk (Lactaid) in the dining room &/or buffet? He doesn' drink soy milk.

They had both these things on NCL but this is our first Princess cruise. If absolutely necessary I'll bring his milk with us.

Lactose free milk is available on board the ships, but you have to ask for it. Haven't seen any dairy-free creamer. But you can use the lactose free milk.

Every night in advance you van ask the headwaiters for next days' menus, you can choose and they will prepare for your husband dairy free dishes! And always ask if the dish contains any dairy.

If you can get to cruise personalize you can check that your husband is lactose intolerant My granddaughter has severe peanut allergies I faxed Princess special service's(661-284-4885) and gave them the info and on our first night the head waiter came by and told us he had received the info and would make sure her food was prepared separate.We had no problems.

I have recently found the 'coffeemate to go' little packets. We used to purchase them in a packet that looked like a sugar packet, but they stopped selling them around this area. Now they offer the small single serving tube packets that are perfect. I am also a coffeemate person, and you might think of bringing some along with you on your cruise. They fit nicely in a pocket or purse and take up very little space in the luggage. ;)

Otherwise, your hubby will be fine if he alerts the staff of his intolerance, they will take very good care of him in the dining room.

Can he take the "Dairy Ease" pills with regular dairy. My DH is lactose intolerant and he can even eat ice cream when he takes those pills. I keep them in my wallet all the time in case we get the ice cream urge while we're out.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the email, please request/remind the waiters and buffet staff to provide the lactose free milk once you are on-board. The communications between land staff and cruise staff is often not perfect.

Thanks everyone. I emailed them with this issue and they responded promptly, reassuring me they would have lactose-free milk on-board for our sailing. (3/8-18)

Hooray!

Archived