Conquest Questions

daisy7113

Am looking at the Conquest Eastern itinerary for Nov 27 out of New Orleans and I have a few questions. Who has been on this ship and if so, how was your experience? The ports are Key West, Nassau and Freeport. We LOVE Key West which is why we are looking at this itinerary. Being the end of November, how is the weather for those ports? The last we were in Key West was September and it was beautiful.

All info and thoughts are appreciated.

I have sailed on the Conquest six times, to be seven in October, and did the Bahamas itinerary once.

I love the ship (can you tell???) but I'm not crazy about the Bahamas route. The high point is Key West. There's really not a ton to do in Nassau and Freeport but some folks really enjoy it there.

The vessel is lovely with the theme being Impressionist Painters. The walls are festooned with Impressionist reproductions. Gorgeous!!

The staff are all fantastic.

I'd recommend the ship highly.

:)

I have been on the Conquest twice and I loved it! We went to western carib though so I'm no help with those ports. The ship was large, the staff was amazing, food was great, ship was well taken care of, etc. No complaints at all. It has been a couple years though...last time I was on the Conquest was 10/07. Hope you have a great cruise!

DW and I have cruised Conquest twice, most recently last month, these same ports you're going to. We really like the Conquest, but it's the only ship we've cruised on so far, so we're biased. We're not much into shore excurions, and stayed aboard at Freeport to enjoy a quiet day when most people were ashore. We hiked all over Key West, which I really enjoyed. We visited the southernmost point, the butterfly conservatory, the cemetery, and Kermit's Key Lime shop. A short list of stuff I really like about Conquest: Fish and Chips (Sur Mer), impressionist decor, punchliner adult comedy shows, deck 9 forward ("secret" deck over the bridge), the big oceanview cabins (220 SF, with sofa, table and chair), the nice quiet decks outside under the lifeboats on deck 3.

I have had the pleasure of cruising on the Conquest 5 times and am looking forward to #6 in May. I love this ship! It is my favorite out of the 6 Carnival ships I've sailed on. However, I agree 100% with Mach. I would not recommend the eastern itinerary. The western is much better, in my opinion. Plus, I would assume that the ports on the western itinerary would have warmer weather at that time of year than the Bahamas would. (Simply because they are farther south.) I think the Conquest is a great choice, but I'd go with the western itinerary.

Archived