My review of our Carnival Cruise - NOT

cutiediva

I got a virus, I guess the norovirus or something like it, on the Destiny way back years ago. Many others were very sick at the end of the cruise. Sitting around waiting to leave was like the gathering of the dead, so many were complaining of feeling bad. Getting off the ship was a blur, as all I wanted to do was get in the car and head north. We had to stop several times, I was so ill. I was in bed for days. It was like a flu with stomach symptoms too, only the worse flu I have ever had.

No one knows where it started, but if it had gotten us at the beginning of the cruise, the place would have been like a ghost ship. Luckily we had about 6 of the 7 nights to enjoy the cruise. It was only the last night that the illness seemed to hit hard.

That was way before the other 'famous' shipboard illnesses that were written up in the news. I guess no one thought that it was a virus that could sweep through large gatherings.

Sorry you didn't feel well on you vacation. Don't let the comments get you down. In reality I am betting about 90% of the people here would have also boarded hoping that the cough would pass. Developing a cough in January. What a shocker! That is what they make cough medicine for, the majority of times you feel better in a day or two. In your case it turned out being worse. Hope you feel better soon.

I hope you feel better and enjoy your next cruise.

I don't know how strict many places are.... on my last flight from Rome to Toronto, the guy in front of me was hacking and spewing the entire 10 hours (clearly a flu as he also had chills and that made them turn the heat up on the plane - much to the discomfort of the rest of the passengers in our area)

and the only concern from the flight staff was if he was feeling okay, and how could they help....

so in my opinion, him being allowed to board an airplane was much worse than what the OP did....

How would the op know why you think the statement about lying on the form being a big deal is funny? :confused:

I think it is funny. I have read numerous times on this board not to admit to having any issues on the medical forms. Especially stomach problems that are "probably" due to eating strange food or what not.

She said she had a cough....that it turned into something worse as the cruise went along.

So all of you would stay off the ship if you thought you had a cold? Seriously?

I think it is funny. I have read numerous times on this board not to admit to having any issues on the medical forms. Especially stomach problems that are "probably" due to eating strange food or what not.

She said she had a cough....that it turned into something worse as the cruise went along.

So all of you would stay off the ship if you thought you had a cold? Seriously?

Hell no... I just wouldn't tell the people on CC apparently! ;)

I had chronic Bronchitis for 8 months one year...during teachers college...I had to go to school and placement every day coughing like I was about to lose a lung.... but it wasn't contagious... so I was cleared to go.

no one else knew I wasn't contagious... and in the beginning niether did I....

I hope you feel better and enjoy your next cruise.

I don't know how strict many places are.... on my last flight from Rome to Toronto, the guy in front of me was hacking and spewing the entire 10 hours (clearly a flu as he also had chills and that made them turn the heat up on the plane - much to the discomfort of the rest of the passengers in our area)

and the only concern from the flight staff was if he was feeling okay, and how could they help....

so in my opinion, him being allowed to board an airplane was much worse than what the OP did....

LOL>>> how do you think she got from Ontario to Florida? on a plane

I do think that if you are sick a week before a cruise...and you have to use a wheel chair to board or whatever...that you should have just canceled

Insurance would kick in

I wonder if others on that cruise (or room steward) got sick ?

It is good that you finally went to the doctor...no telling how long you had that pneumonia ...wow

I just don't see why you didn't go to the doctor before your trip??

I would've been going to the doctor before my cruise to see what was up. I had bronchitis for 2 months before going to the doctor, thinking it was just the common cold. That was until it lingered for 2 months before my Vegas trip. I went to the ER the day before we left for Vegas and got on antibiotics which cleared it up right away. Went on my trip and had a blast. Can't say I've been sick for a cruise though.

Sick a week before the cruise, so you obviously lied on the heath form they have you fill out before boarding. If you hadn't lied, you would have known a week earlier that you needed medical attention, and you wouldn't have suffered through the cruise. Not to mention the germs that you so thoughtfully spread to other guests and your room steward. :rolleyes:

Would you seriously cancel your trip if you had a cough a week before your trip? I am sure 99.9% of these people would still go on the premise that they may feel better in a day or two, and wouldn't want to ruin the trip for their significant other. Come on people...really!!:rolleyes:

I don't remember it exactly (and it was only 2 weeks ago...), but does the medical form really ask anything about this?

I thought it asked if you had a fever or if you had diarhea in the past few days.

It's pretty darn vague, and seems only to screen for people with active stomach viruses.

So...you were sick with a bad cough for a week before you boarded, and the ship medical staff passed you through the boarding med screening anyway..and you ended up with pneumonia? I wonder what the point of the screening survey is then.

Don't think the medical staff passed anyone through. Most people will not state they have been, or are currently sick when filling out the form. Probably mandatory that the cruise lines do this , but pretty much useless.

I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.

(You know...as in not using personal attacks per the CC guidelines) ;)

No one is referring to an isolated cough or sneeze. This lady had been coughing up a lung for a week. She should have stayed home. In her own words she had the "vacation from hell". Who knows how many others caught her crud?

I was being sarcastic! :rolleyes: Calling someone a self centered ignorant subhuman is taking it a little far IMO.

I don't remember it exactly (and it was only 2 weeks ago...), but does the medical form really ask anything about this?

I thought it asked if you had a fever or if you had diarhea in the past few days.

It's pretty darn vague, and seems only to screen for people with active stomach viruses.

It definitely mentions cough. They are really only interested in those with persistent severe cough, such as OP. ;)

Archived