Celebrity Visa Being Discontinued

beachbuddy

Hi, I received a notice today from BOA that the Celebrity Visa will be changing to another card and we only have till sometime in Frebruary to get double points for Celebrity purchases. It also stated that we only have till March 31st to cash in Celebrity points, which does us no good because our next cruise is in November and once cashed in, there is an expiration date on them. I'm really mad about this since I opened the charge last May when I booked our cruise and have been using it constantly to gain some points for OBC's. Now I'm sorry I even opened it and wish I had just continued using my RCCL Visa. The notice said the points will roll over to the new card (whatever that might be). Don't really know what kind of benefits the new card will carry, but I'm sure I'll be closing that Visa out and just using the RCCL one going forward. I hope they don't change the RCCL card too!!

Has anyone else received a notice about this??

Hi, I received a notice today from BOA that the Celebrity Visa will be changing to another card and we only have till sometime in Frebruary to get double points for Celebrity purchases. It also stated that we only have till March 31st to cash in Celebrity points, which does us no good because our next cruise is in November and once cashed in, there is an expiration date on them. I'm really mad about this since I opened the charge last May when I booked our cruise and have been using it constantly to gain some points for OBC's. Now I'm sorry I even opened it and wish I had just continued using my RCCL Visa. The notice said the points will roll over to the new card (whatever that might be). Don't really know what kind of benefits the new card will carry, but I'm sure I'll be closing that Visa out and just using the RCCL one going forward. I hope they don't change the RCCL card too!!

Has anyone else received a notice about this??

Yes, it is true....

There is a very long thread about this very thing that was started back in October.

Head on over HERE to read about it.

Thanks for the replys..........I usually hang out on RCCL boards except for our Celebrity cruise thread so didn't know anything about it. I would have stopped using it in October had I known.

I don't know anything about the new card or what kind of bennies they are giving..........I'm going to try to call BOA today if I have time at work and ask a few questions.

Patty

Archived