Marina: Sands of Time 9/2011

khuselid

Hello all,

This is my first post and will be my first cruise outside of Mexico or Alaska! We are considering an Oceania Cruise in September 2011. So many lovely choices and it looks like an amazing experience. I have never been to Europe!

We are very active 55 and 60 so are happy with lots of walking. Any thoughts about this cruise which starts in Istanbul and ends in Athens via Jerusalem, Egypt, Greece, Crete etc?

Love info from anyone who has an opinion!

Hello all,

This is my first post and will be my first cruise outside of Mexico or Alaska! We are considering an Oceania Cruise in September 2011. So many lovely choices and it looks like an amazing experience. I have never been to Europe!

We are very active 55 and 60 so are happy with lots of walking. Any thoughts about this cruise which starts in Istanbul and ends in Athens via Jerusalem, Egypt, Greece, Crete etc?

Love info from anyone who has an opinion!

We are booked on the same "Sands of Time" itinerary but it departs from Istanbul on November 2, 2011. We chose this time so that the weather will be a little cooler which we prefer. It is a fabulous itinerary with 2 days in Jerusalem and no matter when or where you go,you will have a terrific cruise on Oceania.

Go on the Roll Call section of the Boards and find Oceania. Then when you see the four ships listed, click on Marina and then look for your itinerary and date of sailing to find your own roll call. You can hook up with other passengers that will be on your own sailing with you and perhaps do private tours with them. You will enjoy "meeting" them and getting to know them so that by the time you board, you will already "know" people.

Have a great cruise,

Billie

We did Israel as a land tour in 2006 ... we had a special advantage in that my husband has a cousin who is an Israeli and also a licensed guide, so she took us all over for two weeks.

All I can say is that Jerusalem is fabulous, as is the rest of Israel. Seeing the home of three major religions is quite exciting in and of itself.

The only problem with doing Israel on a cruise is that you just don't have NEARLY enough time. But any time you can manage there is very thrilling.

khuselid,

Welcome to the CC,

Aside from the obvious adventures that await you during the cruise, I would highly recommend arriving several days early into Istanbul and staying for a couple of days after in Athens.

Plenty to do and see in both cities.

Thanks so much for all the great info. Looks like we are switching to the 9/7 from Venice to Istanbul as we want to cover more territory on our first trip to Europe. It is also on the Marina. I'll check out the roll call! Thanks a lot all!

Archived