Wheelchair on Royal Caribbean

rettopcop

We'll be taking our first cruise on Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas next month. We've done several other cruises on other lines over the years. I'm in a wheelchair due to MS. Is there anything we should be aware of on Royal Caribbean? I'm especially interested in their policy regarding the muster drill for people in wheelchairs. Thanks in advance for any information.

when we travel on royal i go to the muster drill and my husband who is in a w/c full time user stays in the cabin.they took attendance on the allure and on the oasis by scanning the sea pass cards. i took his with me and they scanned it along with mine.i explained why he was in the cabin and it was no problem.

We'll be taking our first cruise on Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas next month. We've done several other cruises on other lines over the years. I'm in a wheelchair due to MS. Is there anything we should be aware of on Royal Caribbean? I'm especially interested in their policy regarding the muster drill for people in wheelchairs. Thanks in advance for any information.

I cruised on the Adventure of the Seas in 2008 and 2010 with my mom, who uses a wheelchair. We gathered at the muster drill in an area reserved for handicapped persons. I don't recall our sea passes being scanned, maybe that's a system being used on the newer ships. We did have our sea pass verified and were manually checked off a list. It would be great if you can get some input from someone who has sailed recently on the Splendor. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!:)

Cruised in Sept 2010 on the Jewel of the Seas. Use scooter due to MS. I was required to go to the muster station. There was NO scanning of Seapass Cards. The RCCL personal had a clip board with Names and Cabins numbers that they were checkinbg off as you reported to the Muster station.

After I have eaten and checked out my cabin , work my way to the muster drill deck and just wait. This way I avoid the crowds and having to wait for an elevator. Never have I been told that I did not have to attend.

On a scooter I've always attended and asked the person in charge to tap me on the shoulder when it is ALMOST OVER so I can make my way to the elevator without the HERD.

You want to know the procedure -- don't stay in the cabin, just get there early and out of there early - same applies to the shows in the theatre -- ENJOY!!! Vicki:)

Hi we sailed on the Majesty of the Seas in Dec. I use a wheelchair but rented a scooter for this cruise. We attended the Muster Drill along with everyone else. They had clipboards to take attendance. Before they allowed anyone else to leave the drill area they told me and another gentleman in a wheelchair that we could leave before anyone else. They held everyone else until we were on the elevator. They made it very easy for us. Try not to worry so much(I know that's not easy)and have some fun. The cruise lines try to make things very easy for HC persons.

We just returned from a cruise on Freedom of the Seas. My husband uses a manual wheelchair -- I'm the power source. ;) For our muster drill, I went to the drill by myself, and he stayed in our cabin. I simply told the person in charge of our group that my husband is in a wheelchair and he stayed in the cabin and I was there to represent us both. No problem at all.

Archived