The Ta!!!

savvyria

Ok so well I am sitting here I may as well vent about our TA! So today we once again changed all our plans and booked the Explorer instead!:eek:

First the TA suggests getting a D1 for the room and balcony while Sam is napping etc...I understood and we booked it. Well after she gets that great commission from 5 D1 bookings, she starts about how I should leave my son at home with my friend. I realize that I am first time mom but I am having a hard time leaving him in daycare three minutes away! I said there was no way I was going to be on a boat that would require a helicopter and plane ride to get back to my one year old son! She said while that is your choice to inconveince the other passengers! I figure that with a boat this size there will be other tots running around! This is a family cruise with all of my brothers and sisters etc.. and I am supposed to leave my son at home?:mad:

Besides how can you tell how a one year old is going to be when he is only 5 months right now!

Take your son. If you don't want to leave him, you'll be miserable on your cruise. We took our 9 month old DD and 9 year old DD on a cruise and it was a lot of work, so the next year, we took a short 5 day cruise w/o the kids and we didn't have a very nice time. We thought about the kids all the time, I emailed them all the time, called from every port, etc. It ended up not being worth it. We cruise in April and we're taking them again, this time they're 2.5 and 10.5. Don't listen to your TA...many people have their own personal thoughts about children onboard - the only person's opinion that matters about you and your children onboard, is yours.

Ditto Amy's. Haven't cruised with our child yet, but am in Nov. I don't remember every being inconvenienced by children in any of our 10 cruises. I would also show my disappointment with the TA with dollars. I'd never book with her again.

Archived