Any disadvantage to cabin behind the hump?

elpam

Help! We have never cruised on this part of the ship and wonder if it would be better to be further front of the hump. We are on the Equinox in AQ. I think it would be quieter, but it may be weird not seeing forward? Thanks.

Help! We have never cruised on this part of the ship and wonder if it would be better to be further front of the hump. We are on the Equinox in AQ. I think it would be quieter, but it may be weird not seeing forward? Thanks.

If you are AQ and behind the hump, you will have staterooms right above you -- should be very quiet.

I wouldn't worry about seeing forward, because if you were forward, you couldn't see aft because of the hump. Just look straight out. We've had cabins in both areas and never found it to be a problem.

We had a cabin behind the bump last year on Equinox. At first I thought I would be annoyed not being able to see around the bump, but it wasn't that big of a deal. You can still see aft and out, so your view is not that restricted. The location near the midship elevators was a nice plus too. Now, I only book cabins on the bump out or ahead/behind it.

Archived