NCL TV Commercial

Jerseyboy1

I just saw a television commercial for NCL on CNN HDLN with Robin Meade today. While I have seen parts of the Nickelodeon NCL Cruise commercial on Nick before, that one is cruise specific with a limited time frame and targets a narrow audience obviously.

The advertisement I saw today featured the Epic and highlighted attractions like Blue Man Group, Legends In Concert etc. that can be found on the ship. This commercial was way different than the 'slime time live' type one on Nick and showed the outside of the ship in all its beauty or ugliness according to whichever way you view it. Either way, it's good to see NCL standing behind the product. I was beginning to think that NCL was a little ashamed of the ship or at the very least was content with not creating too many waves (pun intended) with an all-out media blitz featuring this innovative and at times controversial ship.

As most people who have read my posts can gather, I am not a big fan of the Epic, but I still appreciate a lot of the things NCL has brought to cruising and can only say kudos to NCL for joining the game.

Before this and the Nick one, I personally hadn't seen an NCL commercial of any kind on TV for over a year and I think it's great that they are back on TV with the likes of Royal, Carnival and Disney. While many here can argue as to what effect TV commercials have on cruising, as a person who has worked in media relations and marketing, I can say that if anything it tells me that the company is serious about wanting to compete on the same stage as their rivals. I also hope though that they are committed to run the ad on other TV stations as well for a decent amount of time. Out of sight, out of mind is never something a business wants to think about.

Once again, good job NCL and welcome back.

I just saw a television commercial for NCL on CNN HDLN with Robin Meade today. While I have seen parts of the Nickelodeon NCL Cruise commercial on Nick before, that one is cruise specific with a limited time frame and targets a narrow audience obviously.

The advertisement I saw today featured the Epic and highlighted attractions like Blue Man Group, Legends In Concert etc. that can be found on the ship. This commercial was way different than the 'slime time live' type one on Nick and showed the outside of the ship in all its beauty or ugliness according to whichever way you view it. Either way, it's good to see NCL standing behind the product. I was beginning to think that NCL was a little ashamed of the ship or at the very least was content with not creating too many waves (pun intended) with an all-out media blitz featuring this innovative and at times controversial ship.

As most people who have read my posts can gather, I am not a big fan of the Epic, but I still appreciate a lot of the things NCL has brought to cruising and can only say kudos to NCL for joining the game.

Before this and the Nick one, I personally hadn't seen an NCL commercial of any kind on TV for over a year and I think it's great that they are back on TV with the likes of Royal, Carnival and Disney. While many here can argue as to what effect TV commercials have on cruising, as a person who has worked in media relations and marketing, I can say that if anything it tells me that the company is serious about wanting to compete on the same stage as their rivals. I also hope though that they are committed to run the ad on other TV stations as well for a decent amount of time. Out of sight, out of mind is never something a business wants to think about.

Once again, good job NCL and welcome back.

Good news, I haven't seen one in ages...

Nita

I can tell you what effect TV commercials have on cruising!! My 6 year old daughter, who isn't a big fan of boats, saw Dora and Sponge Bob on the NCL add and that was all she could talk about. We travel a lot and gave our girls, ages 6 and 4, a choice of where they wanted to go from spring break. Much to my dismay, as I do not like to cruise, they picked an NCL cruise!! So, even though we couldn't make the big Nickelodeon cruise, we are still planning to sail in March. Now, any time the add comes on, my girls jump up and down and call me in to the room to see "the best cruise vacation ever"!!!!!

Their adds are working like majic!!! Just as they knew they would!

I can tell you what effect TV commercials have on cruising!! My 6 year old daughter, who isn't a big fan of boats, saw Dora and Sponge Bob on the NCL add and that was all she could talk about. We travel a lot and gave our girls, ages 6 and 4, a choice of where they wanted to go from spring break. Much to my dismay, as I do not like to cruise, they picked an NCL cruise!! So, even though we couldn't make the big Nickelodeon cruise, we are still planning to sail in March. Now, any time the add comes on, my girls jump up and down and call me in to the room to see "the best cruise vacation ever"!!!!!

Their adds are working like majic!!! Just as they knew they would!

It seems the PR and marketing dept of NCL has really improved lately.

Nita

I recall taking a survey for NCL lately that showed me several scenes for their marketing and promotions. So I figured they would be rolling out some new commercials.

Thanks for the info. I'll be watching for them.

Archived