Any way to get Alaskan beer back home?

cantwaittokrewz

Will be first-time cruiser in Alaska in June with my mom and aunt and we plan on sampling the Alaskan Ale that we've heard is a "must try". My DH is a beer connoisseur (I use the term loosely, lol) and I would like to bring some home to him. Any way this will be possible? I gather that the ship (Coral Princess) will hold alcoholic purchases for us til the end of the cruise, but what about the flight home?

try putting a six pack in your carry-on. or have some shipped home. they have a post office in juneau that you can use. i went to the red dog saloon and had a nice cold glass of alaskan beer. loved it. a good beer with some hearty body too it. there is a site for the alaskan brewing co in juneau that you can go too to set up a tour. that might be a great way to arrainge shipping it home. have a great time.

Yeah, that is some good beer. We stopped in Juneau in May of 2002 on the Sea Princess and rented a car, then went immediately to the Alaskan Brewing Company near Lemon Creek. Lemon Creek is a few miles north of Juneau on the Glacier Hwy. There is a brewery (free tours)and a store for T-shirts, mugs, etc. We bought a case of the Amber Ale, (they have a few more varieties too), but the Amber Ale is the best. We took the whole case back on the ship no questions asked. We put it in our room cooled a few every night and endulged ourselves. I think their is a web site for Alaska Brewing Company, check your search engine, that might help you figure out how to get some back home. They do sell it in some states in the West and Northwest. They are very personable and will probably accomodate you anyway they can. Good Luck and Happy Cruiseing.

Also consider a stop at the Moose's Tooth, they offer a "sampler" with 4 beer choices. Just too many to choose from. Something different every trip. You can bring a few bottles in your carry on back home. I have done it many times. :)

The Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria is in Anchorage, 3300 Old Seward Highway,

(33rd Avenue and Route 1). In addition to being a good microbrewery, the pizza is supposed to be good.

You haven't been there???? The pizza is just EXCELLENT, and just too many beer choices, so plan on a couple trips there. I most always start and end my trips there. :)

Archived