Love RCCL new Crown and Anchor rewards!

koterry

Can anyone tell me what is the "Chef's Choice" amenity for Diamond members? I know about the basket and you can choose your drink that is included with that but what is the Chef's Choice? Couldn't find it anywhere under C & A benefits. It was listed in a booklet I got in the mail today that told about the new program.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what is the "Chef's Choice" amenity for Diamond members? I know about the basket and you can choose your drink that is included with that but what is the Chef's Choice? Couldn't find it anywhere under C & A benefits. It was listed in a booklet I got in the mail today that told about the new program.

Thanks!

I believe this is the name given to the treats Diamonds have generally gotten, even before the change on 1/21. Examples are cheese plate, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.

Bob

I believe this is the name given to the treats Diamonds have generally gotten, even before the change on 1/21. Examples are cheese plate, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.

Bob

Thanks I thought that might be the case!

I called the D+ Desk this afternoon and told them that in the footnotes and asked them about what Bob has highlighted in red. She was not aware of this and was quite surprised after she read it. She said she would pass on the information as to the wrong wording.

So I do believe it is still 1 per cabin. Or, 2 per cabin if you had over 49 cruise credits before the conversion which is now some number of points.

It just amazes me how a large company like RCI has this much miss communication between departments and that nobody takes the time to read and reread what is written and then understand what is written before it goes to print.

I'm amazed that you are amazed!!!! ;)

the new c&a is cool with me.I just have a question if anyone can answer , if you cruise in a GS or above do you get double night (as you used to get 2 credits) ,so if you take a 7night do you get credit for 14nights or no?

the new c&a is cool with me.I just have a question if anyone can answer , if you cruise in a GS or above do you get double night (as you used to get 2 credits) ,so if you take a 7night do you get credit for 14nights or no?

Yes.

It's all on Royal Caribbean's website. Just log in, go to the C&A section and click on Member Benefits.

Have been nervously awaiting the new tiers and benefits with the C&A program. and now that I have been through the website am thrilled with the way Royal Caribbean has made the changes! Very fair and actually better overall IMHO. Nice job Alan and the gang. More loyal now than ever, exciting times! Will see you on Allure for a B2B in 37 days, can't wait!:)

I am not thrilled. I needed one cuise for diamond and now I need two.

I am not thrilled. I needed one cruise for diamond and now I need two.

If you had 9 cruise credits before, you have 76 cruise points now - still one cruise away of 4 nights or longer.

If you had 8 cruise credits and were planning on a suite cruise to bump you up, you now have 69 credits, and 11 points away, but you can do that in a suite on a cruise of 6 or more nights.

If you had 9 cruise credits before, you have 76 cruise points now - still one cruise away of 4 nights or longer.

If you had 8 cruise credits and were planning on a suite cruise to bump you up, you now have 69 credits, and 11 points away, but you can do that in a suite on a cruise of 6 or more nights.

Wow you never cease to amaze me!:);)

Celebrity cruises count on RCCL? I have done a few in the past. What should I do?

From the RCI website......"If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society".

Cruisinfever explained the system in her post.

Up to 7 cruise credits, you get 7 x (no. of cruises) plus a constant of 3

So, 7 x 7 = 49 + 3 = 52

8 cruise credits and higher, the constant is 13.

So 8 x 7 = 56 + 13 = 69.

9 x 7 = 63 + 13 = 76

and so on.

Actually, according to the conversion chart in the earlier post, for 1-4 original cruise credits, it appears as though the added constant is 1. It doesn't go up to 3 unless you had at least 5 "old" cruise credits.

I am wondering why the added constant increases the more original credits you had?

.........its ideal for me what has happened, things being kept the same, that is all I want from this life...things to not change!

I hope you get your wish!!! Seriously, but it has been my experience (I'm way older than you are!!) that things in live are always changing, sometimes for better, and others for worse, but nothing stays the same for ever:)

I apologize for getting off topic here!

I hope you get your wish!!! Seriously, but it has been my experience (I'm way older than you are!!) that things in live are always changing, sometimes for better, and others for worse, but nothing stays the same for ever:)

I apologize for getting off topic here!

Well as you can guess from the OP I think RCCL did a heck of a job with the new system.:)

New format definately makes it harder for me to obtain certain benifits, but I can't complain.

I had 6 cruise credits. 4 cruises away from the 10 cruise credits I needed for Diamond. (I typically take 7 night cruises in Balcony cabin).

Now with 45 points, I am 35 points and 5 cruises away from Diamond.

So, technically I'll have to wait an extra cruise for my free drinks. So you'd think I'd have at least some reason to moan a bit. Unfortunately I don't. Here's why:

If you look at my signature, you'll notice that despite a reasonable amount of cruising, I've actually only been on 4 RCCL trips. Each was 11-nights or less, none in suites. I SHOULD only have had 4 Cruise credits, but somewhere along the line there was an error in my favor. I had booked, and then cancled a 14-night Med cruise but somehow got the credit's for it.

If we were still under the old system, and had the error never occured, I'd be 6 cruises away from Diamond, so I'm still going to get to Diamond one cruise sooner than I really was entitled too. :p

Kharma. What are you gonna do? :rolleyes:

New format definately makes it harder for me to obtain certain benifits, but I can't complain.

I had 6 cruise credits. 4 cruises away from the 10 cruise credits I needed for Diamond. (I typically take 7 night cruises in Balcony cabin).

Now with 45 points, I am 35 points and 5 cruises away from Diamond.

So, technically I'll have to wait an extra cruise for my free drinks. So you'd think I'd have at least some reason to moan a bit. Unfortunately I don't. Here's why:

If you look at my signature, you'll notice that despite a reasonable amount of cruising, I've actually only been on 4 RCCL trips. Each was 11-nights or less, none in suites. I SHOULD only have had 4 Cruise credits, but somewhere along the line there was an error in my favor. I had booked, and then cancled a 14-night Med cruise but somehow got the credit's for it.

If we were still under the old system, and had the error never occured, I'd be 6 cruises away from Diamond, so I'm still going to get to Diamond one cruise sooner than I really was entitled too. :p

Kharma. What are you gonna do? :rolleyes:

It's all good Dad!;) Happy cruising!

Just trying to be helpful. :)

I have not done a "pure" Southern Caribbean cruise, but we hit some of those ports on our way from Florida to California on the Mariner of the Seas around South America in 2009. I loved Barbados and St. Kitts, which were the two new Caribbean ports that we visited.

If you are travelling with only adults, I recommend the Serenade. She is a beautiful ship. (not that there is anything wrong with the Adventure!)

My family is doing our first "Eurocruise" - my kids' name - this April, and we can't wait. Independence of the Seas out of Southampton.

How was the airfare, pricewise??....K.O.

Also just realized RCI has actually added an extra amenity for your stateroom when you cruise! How did I miss this?:)

I'm happy with the new system as well. We got home from the Allure just four days ago, and it was so nice to have a welcome basket of goodies with two beverages waiting for us!!

Also just realized RCI has actually added an extra amenity for your stateroom when you cruise! How did I miss this?:)

was wondering if anyone has experienced the new amenity? I saw that I could choose water or a type of soda, what does this mean? 1, 2, 6 pack, anyone know?

was wondering if anyone has experienced the new amenity? I saw that I could choose water or a type of soda, what does this mean? 1, 2, 6 pack, anyone know?

A single snack basket per cabin, with a single drink (can of soda, water bottle, etc.) per person.

When my husband and I boarded the Radiance last Saturday, there were two gift baskets and two cans of diet coke on the counter. We left to explore, and when we came back one of the gift baskets had been replaced with a fruit plate. Looks like they still may be working out the kinks.;) The basket was very nice, and we loved the Grand Suite. The Radiance of the Seas is outstanding!

When my husband and I boarded the Radiance last Saturday, there were two gift baskets and two cans of diet coke on the counter. We left to explore, and when we came back one of the gift baskets had been replaced with a fruit plate. Looks like they still may be working out the kinks.;) The basket was very nice, and we loved the Grand Suite. The Radiance of the Seas is outstanding!
A grand suite, maybe someday! For now will be more than happy with my D+ perks!