Why no cruise ships to Hull?

soccerref

I was wondering if anyone knows why the east coast of the UK is not served by any of the cruise lines? There seem to be no ports of call between Edinburgh and Dover or Southampton except fot the few cruises that start from Newcastle or Harwich. It means that passengers are missing out on huge areas of the UK that have amazing places of interest e.g. York, Selby, Beverley, the east coast seaside towns, stately homes and the Yorkshire moors.

Thanks for your responses. ds0907.... I will take your comment with a pinch of salt and in the way I'm sure it was meant. However, I had the unexpected pleasure of visiting Hull for the first time in 30 years last October. I was not looking forward to the experience but, to my amazement, was pleasantly surprised by how clean, well kept and prosperous the city centre was. I also feel, as I explained in my OP, that there is the whole of east Yorkshire and north Lincolnshire available for wonderful excursions and people are missing an opportunity to visit a vast area of England. Most UK cruises spend more time in Scotland, Ireland and Wales than in England. Often the only port in England is Southampton and many passengers only pass through when embarking and disembarking!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived