Passport in Different Ports

ronbetty2001

Going on Jade in April, 2011.

Question is:

We will be Visiting Spain (Barcelona), Italy, Turkey, Greece, Egypt and Malta. Do we go through customs at every port (both getting off the ship and then getting back on), do we get stamps on our passports (I hope so). Does anyone know how they handle customs at so many different countries. I understand that in Egypt they take your passport a day before arriving in Egypt to stamp, but do they handle it in the other countries.

Thank you,:confused:

Dear friends:

I am assuming you have a U.S. passport. If that's the case, it will either be held from the very beginning until Egypt, or if it is not held at the beginning, it will be requested when going from Schengen to non-Schengen (such as between Turkey and Greece. If you have an EU passport, it will only be requested for the Egypt part, and not the Schengen to non-Schengen part.

In any case, you will not notice any difference because there are no lines. The cruise line handles presenting the passports and passenger and crew manifest when it arrives at each port where immigration is required.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Most likely, as an American, your passport will only get stamped upon your entry and departure from the EU and from your visit to Egypt. I used to hate not getting the stamps, but then when I kept having to get extra pages added to my passport, I didn't mind it so much ;).

Robin

Archived