Carnival Legend Balcony 6150

Diane In TN

First-timer on Carnival - and first-timer for a balcony ... Was wondering if anyone is familiar with this location. It's on the Empress deck and is one of two balconies sort of inset in the forward section (just before the midsection.)

I'm wondering if it would be better to have a straight-out view, with all the others, or whether this balcony offers any advantages? The PVP acted excited that this one was available, but now that I see the deck plans, I'm not so sure.

Also, my husband has an issue with sun (pre-cancer) and is looking for shady spots. Would the balcony offer some shade? Other places onboard? Our first (and only previous) cruise was to Alaska (Hal) and was wonderful -- will we find quiet, shady spots on Carnival Legend?

Thanks for any feedback --

Diane in Tennessee

RE Cabin 6150 -

I understand your concern. We had 5132 on Legend -similar location to the cabin next to you (6148) - and our view looking forward (not straight out but in the direction the ship was headed) was a bit obstructed by the 5130 balcony projecting further out from the ship. (We also had this when we were in 7157 on Pride.) It wasn't a big deal but something I would try to avoid in the future.

You can see what I mean in the pictures here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/567358870jJPAce

I don't think it will be quite as much a concern in 6150 but if 6146 or 6149 or something close in that section is available, you might consider trying to change. I wouldn't want to be too far forward as the first few balconies can be kindy windy when you are at sea. There are balcony cabins that are the same 8C category on Upper Deck in the middle section so that might be an option as well, (but not too close to the sections with the life boats).

Your PVP might have been excited this cabin was available as it is close to the stairs/elevators and close to the suites, so it is considered a good location.

Shade/sun on your balcony can depend on the time of day and the direction the ship is headed. Also, check out the exterior promenade on the Atlantic Deck (Deck 3).

your view forward will be obstructed- but how ofter will you be looking forward-- most people look straight out.

on the Legend there are many shady spots.

your balcony could be shady depending on the direction of the ship and the sun.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived