Hotel With Balcony in Venice?

1Travelingon

Greetings,

We have one night in Venice before starting our cruise on the Ruby Princess. I have searched and searched hotels where many claim canal views, or "standard venetian canal views," and there are a couple I found with actual balcony views.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel with a balcony view over a canal or lagoon that you can actually sit on and enjoy? I am looking for the more historical antique furnished hotel. ANY advice recommendations, or warnings is appreciated:)

Greetings,

We have one night in Venice before starting our cruise on the Ruby Princess. I have searched and searched hotels where many claim canal views, or "standard venetian canal views," and there are a couple I found with actual balcony views.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel with a balcony view over a canal or lagoon that you can actually sit on and enjoy? I am looking for the more historical antique furnished hotel. ANY advice recommendations, or warnings is appreciated:)

happy to help. Yes we stayed at a historic hotel (just a few rooms, trying to remember, maybe 12 max?), breakfast included, private water taxi and I would love to go back in a heartbeat. We even signed their book. the room key is the old fashioned room key & you leave it with them at the desk when you go out.

It's enchanting. They have one room with a tremendous balcony that we got and we used. We stood out on it, not sitting, but it was glorious. Overlooks a smaller canal as they are in the midst of the tourist stuff. About a 15 minute walk to the key sites and a quick walk to the Jewish quarter.

I forget the history, but it is centuries old, beautiful, antiques but not uncomfortable and the upstairs room is to die for.

terrace with gardens, you can have breakfast inside. whichever you prefer.

We skipped the gondola and took a water taxi right to the ship (incredible). Since it had a private dock, this was all do-able.

also booked private transport to get there with the private dock.

Just an incredible place and we just revelled in the ambiance, history and the absolute stupendous service (no snobbishness).

It was called the Palazzo Abadessa - not high up on Trip Advisor because a lot of people that do that haven't discovered it yet (thank heavens) but was well written on several other spots. So I cancelled on reserve, gambled and took it. So glad I did. hoping that our Rome stay equates later this year. We've picked another hotel similar to this one as this one has really set the standard.

If I can get back to Venice both dh and I want to stay here again.:):)

Thank you! That is one that is on my list of considerations, your reply is very helpful. Now to see if they are not already sold out.......

I hope for your sake they are not. They are very quick to respond to email inquiries, questions as well. You'll love it. Good luck with the booking.

Forgot to tell you that the balcony room is the more expensive one, but it is actually two floors - so cool and tons of room - a real plus in Europe :D

I hope for your sake they are not. They are very quick to respond to email inquiries, questions as well. You'll love it. Good luck with the booking.

Forgot to tell you that the balcony room is the more expensive one, but it is actually two floors - so cool and tons of room - a real plus in Europe :D

Thank you again, I have emailed them (and a couple others) waiting to hear back:)

Archived