Finished Cruise Today Radiance of the Seas

gpg306

We just completed our January 17th sailing on the Radiance. I booked a suite which would have put us at 10 cruises to be diamond upon this completed cruise. What will happen since we left before the changes took place and completion was today? I wonder if they will count this as 10 credits and we will be diamond. Please advise, thanks.

Here are the three most important posts from the thread:

I took a 5 night on the NOS last week, I had 7 credits before that cruise and 8 after. The cruise hasn't shown up on MyCruises account yet, but I assumed that since I took the cruise BEFORE the system was in place, that it would be factored in with my other previous cruises. I called C&A with a different question and while I had the agent on the line asked about this. She spoke to her supervisor and said even though I took the cruise before the change was made, since their system has a delay I would only be given 5 points as opposed to the 17 their calculator would have given me. Someone tell me if I'm being unreasonable. I just don't feel that I should be shorted 12 credits because their system has a delay. I took the cruise before the change, with no information about the change, it should be treated in the same way as my other old cruises. If it helps I'm fairly new to cruising and 6 out of those 8 cruises have been taken within the past year and a half. I was hoping to work my way up the scale pretty fast, but if they're going to short me 12 points just because of a delay in their system, I might just try out another line. Thanks for listening to the rant. :rolleyes:

So, Samantha from C&A just called. Possibly the rudest person I've ever encountered with RCL. She told me that I was wrong and their calculator does not show 69 credits even though many of you have confirmed that it does. Instead, she told me that under the new system I have more credits than I would have and I should just be happy. I insisted that the online calculator showed this, and she just said that every cruise taken prior was multiplied by 7 and that's how they got their points. I'm angrier now than I was before. If they had said that they would use the new system because that's when the points came in, I would be upset but eventually calmed down. She basically called me a liar and told me I was lucky for what I had.

Okay, Samantha called back, a bit nicer this time, I'll assume she had a rough day and I was the one thing keeping her from going home ;) Anyway, I firmly believe that RCL reads this board because shortly after writing that I get the return call. She gave me my 69 points and asked if I had any family who's points need to be adjusted aswell. I'm very glad she was able to help me, I was trying to find a spring break cruise, there was a 5 night on the Radiance for $650 and a 7 night on HAL for $450. I was 2 seconds away from going with HAL but I'll stick with the Radiance. I'm glad RCL came to reason on this issue.

We just completed our January 17th sailing on the Radiance. I booked a suite which would have put us at 10 cruises to be diamond upon this completed cruise. What will happen since we left before the changes took place and completion was today? I wonder if they will count this as 10 credits and we will be diamond. Please advise, thanks.

I'll try.

I assume you had 8 Cruise Credits before you sailed and expected to get 2 credits to make you Diamond. I'll start off and say that I THINK you will be Diamond when the dust settles.

If you look at your profile on My Cruise now, you probably have 69 points (conversion for 8 credits - but that should be temporary). Adding the days under the new rule would leave you 1 point short but your cruise "should" be counted under the old rules because it sailed before the changeover. That should give you the 10 credits, which should convert to 83 points. I don't think you have a problem.

Please keep in mind this is just one person's interpretation. But if you end up with 79 points, that's the logic I would use with them to get them to change it.

How was the cruise? Was anyone sick? I leave on the Radiance in 3 days. Wondering if Norovirus is still showing up. How was the weather in Cozumel?

Thanks

I hope the ship is all clear of the virus.

I have another question: Where there any plumbing issues? We are thinking of taking our DD and grandson on a five day cruise during their spring break in March and are a little apprehensive after hearing all the problems they've been having.

We have been on the Radiance twice before and loved the ship.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Archived