Captain Ian McNaught

Cruachan

Where is Gavin when we need him?:)

That's something you don't read often!

Captain McNaught was one of Cunard's many fine Captains - he also attracted a vociferously loyal following who did him few favours by 'exclusively revealing' personal confidences......He was certainly a great 'people-person' - so I'm sure he'll bring these skills to his new, land-based role - its no doubt a loss to his current employer Seabourn - in his short time there he's got glowing reviews.

That's something you don't read often!

Captain McNaught was one of Cunard's many fine Captains - he also attracted a vociferously loyal following who did him few favours by 'exclusively revealing' personal confidences......He was certainly a great 'people-person' - so I'm sure he'll bring these skills to his new, land-based role - its no doubt a loss to his current employer Seabourn - in his short time there he's got glowing reviews.

So I suspect that this new endeavor is a very good thing for him and something that he sought on his own?

I assume this new job will allow Captain McNaught more time with his family?

I met Captain McNaught a few times when he was Master of QE2, and found myself seated at the Captain's table one crossing. Captain McNaught is very personable, and I can see why everyone likes him so much. He obviously adored being Master of QE2, and was very proud of that ship. I don't think he could have wanted much more than that. I was sorry to hear he had be placed elsewhere so soon.

As the old QE2 tradition is gone, and the exhilerating pleasure that went with it, then such a good Captain as he is deserves the best, and hopefully this new job will help fulfill that.

I thought that you might all like to know (if you didn't already), that Captain McNaught has recently been appointed Deputy Master of the Corporation of Trinity House.

The Trinity House press release is here

J

Many Congratulations to Captain Ian McNaught, I know he will miss the sea and all his friends very much, but this really is an honour for him to be appointed to such a prestigious position within the maritime community.

Well done !

I've sailed with Captain McNaught on Seabourn ~~I think he's one of the most personable Masters I've ever met ~~

He was scheduled to Master the new Seabourn Quest (coming out in June) Perhaps with the recent developments at Seabourn Ian decided to go a different path ~~

I will certainly miss sailing with him ~~wishing him continued success. I know his only Son is with Cunard ~following in his Father's footsteps!

Martita B.

Report in today's Daily Mirror.

That's interesting - and good to see that Princess Anne will be taking over as Master from her father. She's a real lighthouse enthusiast.

By the way, if anybody is interested (and I don't suppose anyone will be), I have a new lighthouse website under construction at the moment. It's still in the early stages but I'd appreciate any feedback. You can find it here

J

By the way, if anybody is interested (and I don't suppose anyone will be), I have a new lighthouse website under construction at the moment. It's still in the early stages but I'd appreciate any feedback. You can find it here

J

Good luck on the new project Jimmy!

Just one question, why no links for Scotland?

Stewart

Just one question, why no links for Scotland?

Stewart

That's a good question Stewart and it has a reasonably simple answer. I haven't set foot in Scotland for any significant length of time since 1974. And that was well before my interest in pharology developed. :eek:

But I'm planning to correct that as soon as I can.

In the meantime I've still got to sort out Greece, Turkey, Malta, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Italy, Poland, Estonia, USA, Canada, Belgium, France, Zimbabwe (nah - scrub that last one), etc etc etc.

J

Archived