Car Hire Barcelona Port

jdybnsn

Has anyone experience or information regarding hiring a car at Barcelona Port ?

Whilst we understand that there is no hire car office directly at the cruise ship terminal, last year when we disembarked another cruise we did witness a hire car being dropped off at the quayside right by our ship -presumably it had been ordered for rental by someone who was also disembarking at the time.

However, numerous internet searches and enquiries have not got me any further with making similar arrangements for ourselves this year.

We do not wish to take a taxi into town, as our experience of last year's taxi queue is yet another reason why we want a hire car !

We would like to pick up the car and then drop it off later at the airport - we want to visit Sitges but since we will have all our luggage with us, a hire car is an attractive and hopefully cost effective/flexible option !

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Has anyone experience or information regarding hiring a car at Barcelona Port ?

Whilst we understand that there is no hire car office directly at the cruise ship terminal, last year when we disembarked another cruise we did witness a hire car being dropped off at the quayside right by our ship -presumably it had been ordered for rental by someone who was also disembarking at the time.

However, numerous internet searches and enquiries have not got me any further with making similar arrangements for ourselves this year.

We do not wish to take a taxi into town, as our experience of last year's taxi queue is yet another reason why we want a hire car !

We would like to pick up the car and then drop it off later at the airport - we want to visit Sitges but since we will have all our luggage with us, a hire car is an attractive and hopefully cost effective/flexible option !

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sounds like you had bad luck. Our last two trips out of Port of Barcelona, taxis were immediately available to us with almost no line. All I can suggest is contacting the various rental car agencies in Barcelona to see if they offer this service. You could also hire a private limo to take you from the port to a rental car place.

We are using Airport-Shuttle.com, they pick you up at the cruise terminal and were very prompt in communicating by e-mail. Pick up is 2h50-3hrs prior to your flight departure and cost is 35Euro for 2 people.

What are trying to do is very easy by public transit. Take taxi to Barcelona Sants station (about 15 min ride, 20 euros in the worst case scenario), leave your luggage there (I think cost is 4.5 euro for large locker & 3 - for small). Then take local R2 train to Sitges (about 35 min ride, trains go every 15 min). Return to Sants, get your luggage & take train to airport(20 min) when ready. Tickets for local trains are very cheap and can be purchased from vending machine. For local train schedules see http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html

There are lots of taxis in the port but I hear that there are lines ups after 9am. Got our taxi at 7:30; no issues; there were lots of taxis and no takers at that time of day.

If you absolutely need the car the closest location to port that I know is Europecar BARCELONA CENTRE DE LA VILA location Address: ROSA SENSAT N.4. Still need short cab ride to get to it; it's across the road from ferry terminal.

Archived