San Diego Broadway Terminal Unused?

LordSpain

Does anybody know why the new cruise ship terminal is not being used? I notice that there are two ships in San Diego today, neither of which is utilizing the new terminal. Even yesterday the Oosterdam was using the old terminal. I tried searching San Diego’s newspapers but couldn’t find any information. Just curious.

Bruce

Does anybody know why the new cruise ship terminal is not being used? I notice that there are two ships in San Diego today, neither of which is utilizing the new terminal. Even yesterday the Oosterdam was using the old terminal. I tried searching San Diego’s newspapers but couldn’t find any information. Just curious.

Bruce

Bruce, I believe I read just a couple of weeks ago that there are Law Suits filed with injunctions prohibiting its use for Cruise Ships at this time (something about environmentalists and others). Not really sure who and what, but think that is the case.

Though, I think I also remember reading on CC that it has been used by the Oosterdsam.... I am so confused...

I did a search on Google and found this, which MAY be still in contention.... http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/19/port-critics-offer-settle-broadway-pier-lawsuit/

Joanie

So far, the new terminal is used for the 'overflow' when we have 3 ships in port. It is smaller.

When we started building the new terminal, no one predicted that all the ships would be moved. :D

In port today are HAL's Zaandam, and I believe the Spirit.

Pat

Thanks Joanie for the link to the article. Wow – I was unaware that there was so much controversy over this building. I just figured that if they built a brand new terminal they’d be using it as much as possible. I hope all the vying parties reach an amicable solution.

Bruce

Thanks Joanie for the link to the article. Wow – I was unaware that there was so much controversy over this building. I just figured that if they built a brand new terminal they’d be using it as much as possible. I hope all the vying parties reach an amicable solution.

Bruce

I know Bruce, I saw the article (a CC member posted a link) shortly after the new Terminal was opened.

I sure hope the Oosterdam is there when we board in 67 and a wake up:) Either way, It'll still be across the street from us when we get to San Diego:)

BUT, I'd like to see this new Terminal from the inside out, not outside in only:D

Joanie

Archived