Considering a weekend getaway

DMH15

Hello, Carnival Cruisers:

I cruised Carnival several years ago, so I am out of the loop, so to speak.

I have booked air to LA and to make a long story short, our place to stay with a friend looks to not be an option, due to a death in her family. So, I can either book a hotel for five nights or jump on Carnival Paradise out of Long Beach for a 3-nighter. Which would only leave 3 nights in LA to contend with. (This is in March.)

I cruise with my mom and we usually get a suite with separate rooms, but for this short cruise we would be fine in any room. It's those long cruises, (we've taken two 14-nighters together), that get you wanting your own space after a few days, haha!!

Can anyone tell us if we are better off to wait a while to book? Seeing that we are not particular about accomodations, we would love to get a really good deal. Any suggestions as to what we might consider? Does anyone have any experience with this? Do rooms get discounted after "final payment date"? And if so, when is that with Carnival? I understand there is always the chance prices will go up or stay the same, but since we have many options, such as to not cruise, we don't mind gambling a bit.

Thank you!

while not an expert at all I have been watching the pricing on the Paradise - my kids and I sailed her back in April, the pricing has not vaired much for the dates I am looking at. I wanted to try to take a 3 night with my hubby anytime in Feb/March 2011 and I have not seen a price drop in months. Often Carnival will offer pack and play specials but from what I have seen these are usually out of Florida.. No great deals for us So. CA'ers. They do advertise specials as low as 199.00 plus port taxes but at those rates it is hard to find a room available...

I would book now if this is what you want to do...

while not an expert at all I have been watching the pricing on the Paradise - my kids and I sailed her back in April, the pricing has not vaired much for the dates I am looking at. I wanted to try to take a 3 night with my hubby anytime in Feb/March 2011 and I have not seen a price drop in months. Often Carnival will offer pack and play specials but from what I have seen these are usually out of Florida.. No great deals for us So. CA'ers. They do advertise specials as low as 199.00 plus port taxes but at those rates it is hard to find a room available...

I would book now if this is what you want to do...

Thank you, Laurie. I appreciate your help. I guess since there is no competition for the Paradise, (no other 3 nighters), Carnival just figures people will go or not. Unlike Florida, where there is more to choose from.

Not sure what we will do yet. The price is still pretty darn good as it is now.

Thank you, Laurie. I appreciate your help. I guess since there is no competition for the Paradise, (no other 3 nighters), Carnival just figures people will go or not. Unlike Florida, where there is more to choose from.

Not sure what we will do yet. The price is still pretty darn good as it is now.

If you look at a per night cost with food included cruising is a still a great deal in my opinion. You first post has me checking now on pricing for my kids spring break in 2012.... :)

Archived