'Modified' HC Cabin?

grey's girl

Can someone explain what this cabin is? According to what I read on Carnival's website, the cabin and bathroom doorways are wider. I really need to know if there's any sort of seat in the shower. Trying to book a cabin for a relative who is walker dependent due to balance issues and is unable to stand up to take a shower.

Can someone explain what this cabin is? According to what I read on Carnival's website' date=' the cabin and bathroom doorways are wider. I really need to know if there's any sort of seat in the shower. Trying to book a cabin for a relative who is walker dependent due to balance issues and is unable to stand up to take a shower.[/quote']

The modified cabin is smaller than a fully accessible cabin. Someone in a wheelchair would have trouble because there is a lip into the bathroom that you need to step over, and there isn't room to navigate in the cabin in the wheelchair. Some of them have bathtubs. I'd suggest you call the special needs department and see if you can't find a fully accessible cabin to move into. I think your relative would be much more comfortable, given her balance issues.

Can someone explain what this cabin is? According to what I read on Carnival's website' date=' the cabin and bathroom doorways are wider. I really need to know if there's any sort of seat in the shower. Trying to book a cabin for a relative who is walker dependent due to balance issues and is unable to stand up to take a shower.[/quote']

I just cruised on the Fantasy Class Fascination (1/8/11 - 1/13/11) and I had a modified cabin. My PVP was great and I also had contact with guest access support. Cabin E66 had no lips or raised thresholds anywhere. The doorway was widened to 30 ". The shower had a LARGE pull down seat, and the toilet was 15" high. I needed the grab bars by the toilet and in the shower. I have a TravelScoot, and it fit fine into the cabin door and there was plenty of room to store in the cabin. I have attached a PDF file that shows modified cabins on Fantasy Class ships and the accessibility routes. Carnival went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. Hope this helps.

ADAFantasyClass-1.pdf

I just cruised on the Fantasy Class Fascination (1/8/11 - 1/13/11) and I had a modified cabin. My PVP was great and I also had contact with guest access support. Cabin E66 had no lips or raised thresholds anywhere. The doorway was widened to 30 ". The shower had a LARGE pull down seat, and the toilet was 15" high. I needed the grab bars by the toilet and in the shower. I have a TravelScoot, and it fit fine into the cabin door and there was plenty of room to store in the cabin. I have attached a PDF file that shows modified cabins on Fantasy Class ships and the accessibility routes. Carnival went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. Hope this helps.

We received the same great service from Guest Access Support; had to fill out the Medical Forms Required before we could book our accesible cabin. Good job CCL!

Archived