SLC - CDG - BCN Help!

Sherry H

Greetings! Posted a few weeks ago on the main forum but think I'll get more information here. I'm a "worry wart" and all the negative "stuff" about CDG has me concerned.

Flying Delta from Salt Lake City to Charles de Gaulle. Appears we arrive at 2E (showing S3). Then 1hr 45 mins to get to 2F and our connecting flight to Barcelona on Air France.

1. Will we land out on the tarmac and be bussed to the terminal?

2. Do we go thru passport control before we head to 2F ?

3. Can we walk to 2F? Better than taking the bus?

4. Is 1 hr 45 mins enough time? (We're fast walkers!)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Have you looked on CDG airport site. Lots of info on there. You have a lot of reading to do. That's plenty of time , especially if you are fast walkers. It's far but can be done. We'll be doing it in October 2011. The bus system is confusing, just start hiking in the right direction, follow the two-airplanes sign. (going & coming) Check out some old posts on here also. "FlyerTalker" was very helpful to me.

If you ask a question, please say Bon Jour first, the French are picky about us in-a-hurry Americans. lol I found everyone in France to be very pleasant.

Bon Voyage

There is a very good chance you will be bussed to the terminal. There is an even greater chance you will be bussed from the terminal for the BCN flight.

I have always found that walking is faster than using the shuttle bus at CDG. Hardly a proven fact, of course, but I do always walk it if in a hurry.

It really does help to become familiar with any airport, but this is particularly true of CDG. So, study the maps before landing.

yes, you will need to go through passport control (but not customs).

1h45m is enough time. Of course, you have no idea how much time you really will have. It could easily be 2h30m or minus 2 hours. :)

In discussing connections at CDG, be sure that you keep a clear vision of what is meant when talking about buses. There are two very different buses that we talk about: 1) The shuttle buses that transport you between the various terminals and 2) The remote pad buses that take you from the terminal building to an aircraft parked at a holding area. Very different situations. The later may be unavoidable, but most suggest that you don't take the inter-terminal shuttle. Far better to walk in most cases.

Since you are entering Schengen-zone, there's no downside to going through passport control leaving T2E on foot.

Unfortunately, I am pressed for time, but if you do a search in this forum for past posts by me and the keyword CDG, you should get some links that I posted before.

FlyerTalker.........read all your CDG posts............looked at the maps!

Looks like we do come in to 2E around gate 76 (Satellite end)

Go to: correspondances-aeroports.airfrance.fr/index_EN.php

Arrive from Salt Lake

Depart to Barcelona

Looks like maybe there is a walkway from the Satellite terminal to 2F?

Thanks for the help!

At one point in time, there was a connector walkway between T2F and the S3 portion of T2E. I can't speak to whether it is still there (haven't been through CDG in the last 6 months or so). Would bet that it is, though. Keep your eyes open for signs for T2F or T2F1. (The last digit refers to which "finger" of the T2F terminal you mean. T2F1 is the Schengen finger, T2F2 is the extra-Schengen gates. F1 to the left looking at the terminal from the street, F2 to the right)

At worst, approach an AF employee, say "Bonjour", and ask for directions to walk to T2F1. Maybe even write "T2F1" on a piece of paper to show them. Also, look at the map for CDG in the AF inflight magazine - take it with you.

Thank you very much for the "tips". The map I was looking at shows a connector walkway......... which makes the walk look easy.

See you're from the NW. Steve and I had a business in Woodinville and lived in Snohomish (Wa).

Love red rock country here in St George Utah but miss the NW. Stay in a condo in downtown Seattle for a couple of weeks every Sept.

Seattle area will always be "home" for us.

Once again........the help is much appreciated!

Archived