Taking Iced Tea From Ship

sanmarcosman

The search feature isn't being friendly to me. I'm bringing a plastic 2 qt pitcher aboard with me to make sun tea. Can I put the pitcher with tea in it in my backpack and take it off the ship in ports or is this prohibited?

Thanks in advance if you have the specific answer to my question.

The search feature isn't being friendly to me. I'm bringing a plastic 2 qt pitcher aboard with me to make sun tea. Can I put the pitcher with tea in it in my backpack and take it off the ship in ports or is this prohibited?

Thanks in advance if you have the specific answer to my question.

They only look at what you bring back on board, not what you take off. Except for US Customs service when you return. If you ask, they may tell you no. If you don't ask, at least in many of the Caribbean islands or Mexico, nobody will know that you have a pitcher of tea in your backpack.

They only look at what you bring back on board, not what you take off. Except for US Customs service when you return. If you ask, they may tell you no. If you don't ask, at least in many of the Caribbean islands or Mexico, nobody will know that you have a pitcher of tea in your backpack.

Thanks! Much obliged:)

Not entirely true. We've seen the trashcan of 'contriband' at several ports.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico does a search on everybody bags. It will look strange to them unless you carry it in a tea bottle that you can buy at the store. They check the minute you arrive in their port. They search mostly for fruit.

All the ports search your bags when you return back to the ship.

Archived