Super Bowl Cruise

arms4

It depends on the ship. I can tell you a not so funny story about being on a Carnival ship - they were showing an exciting football game on the big screen by the pool and there were tons of people engrossed in it and all of a sudden without warning, they put up BINGO! There was a lot of booing but the crew told the men they would have to go to the sports bar to watch the game since they had to stick to the schedule and BINGO was scheduled to be played on the big screen by the pool at that hour! The men went running out of the area for the sports bar! So, just because it's the Super Bowl, don't expect that the ship will leave the game on the big screen if it's time for BINGO!

I know you are not on HAL but others reading may be.

HAL runs a great SuperBowl party. It will play on cabin tv's, sports bar and they will put up big screens in Crows Nest or Queen's Lounge or Show Lounge etc depending upon the ship. Balloons and fun and tailgate party food..... game day snacks. And, of course, lots of beer and drinks for sale. :)

Nothing! The Superbowl has been cancelled because nobody wants the Packers or Steelers to win :D

Actually, I have no idea.....

I've been a Steelers fan since 1969...so I have to VIOLENTLY dissagree!!! Actually...not sure about Carnival...but the first cruise we went on was with Royal Carribean...2006...they had a huge superbowl party in the main showroom...big screen...lots of food...even drink specials...best part was my Steelers was playing the Seahawks...and the Steelers won!!! There were lots of us crazies decked out in our Steeler garb ( and several sad looking seahawk fans )...I had the only Terrible Towel in the room, and waved it furiously!! It was a good time!! :)

On the Jewel (NCL) last week the playoff game between the Jets & Patriots was shown on almost every screen in the bars and the big screen near Java Cafe.

The staff were great, handing out popcorn and some other snacks to all of us watching.

I imagine that every ship will have some type of Super Bowl events.

Steelers all the way!

So happy the Packers made it all the way...Hate to tell you but my team is the Eagles so this hurts a bit as we say the "could have would have" thing if our kicker did not miss the two field goals. Oh well, even though I live in Pennsylvania I am still rooting for the Packers. I am sure they will have it on in the theater for everyone to watch. Can you email the cruise line?

We were on the Legend last Super Bowl and will be on the Miracle this time. It will be shown in the main theater as well as various bars AND on the tv in your cabin. It was fun seeing all the fans in their various team garb. Enjoy the game.

Archived