CSA Travel Protection

travelingtrish

My husband booked a surprise trip for our family. Unfortunately I could not get the time off. Luckily he bought trip insurance for the trip. He provided all of the documents requested for the refund and this was back in August still no refund! He has called, emailed the company still nothing! Do not use this company!!

My husband booked a surprise trip for our family. Unfortunately I could not get the time off. Luckily he bought trip insurance for the trip. He provided all of the documents requested for the refund and this was back in August still no refund! He has called, emailed the company still nothing! Do not use this company!!

Did you upgrade to their "Cancel for any reason" coverage. Because otherwise I can't think of how this would be covered.

Did you upgrade to their "Cancel for any reason" coverage. Because otherwise I can't think of how this would be covered.

I don't know about CSA (much less the OPs particular plan), but TravelGuard has a Cancel for Work Reasons coverage bundled as part of their regular Gold policy.

I don't know about CSA (much less the OPs particular plan), but TravelGuard has a Cancel for Work Reasons coverage bundled as part of their regular Gold policy.

CSA plans normally just cover involuntary termination or layoff.

A couple of other plans might cover this depending on the circumstances. TravelSafe has this:

"p) You or Your Traveling Companion are required to work during the Trip. A written statement by a company officer and/or the Human Resources department demonstrating revocation of previously approved time off will be required;"

What's not clear from the original post is if the vacation time had already been granted, or if hubby came home and said "we're going on a cruise in three weeks, be sure to get the time off when you get to work tomorrow." I can't tell how much of a surprise this really was. If that's the case I wonder if Travel Guard too would squawk about paying that claim. How much responsibility would a client have to mitigate the loss by doing something basic like actually arranging the vacation time beforehand?

Csa travel protection offers a policy that alleges you can cancel for any reason. Obviously you pay extra for that particular benefit. All of the requested paperwork was submitted in a timely manner. We have been getting the run around for months. I will never use this company again.

Csa travel protection offers a policy that alleges you can cancel for any reason. Obviously you pay extra for that particular benefit. All of the requested paperwork was submitted in a timely manner. We have been getting the run around for months. I will never use this company again.

If that's the case, you should get in touch with the the FL Dept of Insurance and ask for assistance. Start here:

https://apps.fldfs.com/eservice/NewRequest.aspx

Your taxes pay for these guys and they can clear up these things in a hurry if you have a valid complaint.

Archived