St. Thomas - A few things to see

lindylee0803

We will be in port on the Eurodam and are thinking of renting a car and going to Coral World and Coki Beach - we'd like to take in as much of the beautiful countryside and sites as we can. I understand the distance is about a 20 minute ride - is it difficult to find? Are there any other sites along the way or in the vicinty that we should see? Is Megans Bay far from Coki Beach? Thanks so much!

We will be in port on the Eurodam and are thinking of renting a car and going to Coral World and Coki Beach - we'd like to take in as much of the beautiful countryside and sites as we can. I understand the distance is about a 20 minute ride - is it difficult to find? Are there any other sites along the way or in the vicinty that we should see? Is Megans Bay far from Coki Beach? Thanks so much!

If you are very familiar with the road network on St Thomas, you are very adept at driving on the left side of the road with a car that also has a left hand steering wheel and there are no accidents or traffic, then yes you could make it to Coki in 20 minutes if you push the speed limit a little bit. Otherwise I'd plan on 30-40 minutes. As far as scenery along the way you could stop at Drake's seat and then take the northern coast road to Coki. There are a few good views on that route but not many.

There aren't actually a lot of scenic roads on St Thomas. St John's roads are a little better for that. While I personally always rent a car in St Thomas, the first trip out of the airport to the resort is always an exhilarating experience. Especially the first time you have to make a right hand turn.

Archived