Baltic Cruise: 11 day on Princess vs. 10 day on RCL

rosie#1

I am currently booked on the Princess cruise, but came across two short cruises on Royal that can be done B2B. We will be going on the one day Moscow excursion. Do to budget reasons we need to stick to mainstream cruise lines and none of them seem to offer three days in St. Petersburg. There is a trade off between having three days in St. Petersburg and going to additional countries. Do you think the three days is worth missing the other ports?

Below are the cruise details.

Princess Emerald 8/31 -Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Warnemund, Aarhus, Oslo, and Copenhagen.

RCL Vision 8/15 - Stockholm, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Stockholm

8/19 - Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg (overnight), Stockholm

I am currently booked on the Princess cruise, but came across two short cruises on Royal that can be done B2B. We will be going on the one day Moscow excursion. Do to budget reasons we need to stick to mainstream cruise lines and none of them seem to offer three days in St. Petersburg. There is a trade off between having three days in St. Petersburg and going to additional countries. Do you think the three days is worth missing the other ports?

Below are the cruise details.

Princess Emerald 8/31 -Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Warnemund, Aarhus, Oslo, and Copenhagen.

RCL Vision 8/15 - Stockholm, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Stockholm

8/19 - Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg (overnight), Stockholm

You will be getting double days in several ports and that is a great thing. Once you know the area it will be that much easier to navigate around the cities.

But, to your question, if it were me, and this was my one time to this area, I would want to see as much as possible and as many different ports as possible. Yes, you might have to miss Moscow, but you will be doing several other places instead. I would do the regular crusie even though there are several ports I would have loved to go back to. With the Princess crusie you have the chance to go to Berlin, visit Copenhagen, Oslo and more.

You asked,and I vote for the Princess crusie

Cheers

Len

Archived