Booking Hyatt Place North through Value Trips vs Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee

erin6494

Hi,

I am looking at booking Hyatt Place North for our pre-cruise night in November. The rate available through valuetrips.com is $129, the hotel site offers $134 with a best rate guarantee (20% reduction in the rate). In the fine print, it states that auction sites like Priceline, Hotwire, etc. do not qualify for the rate guarantee. Does anyone know if they consider valuetrips to be an auction site or would it qualify for the lower pricing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Erin

Hi,

I am looking at booking Hyatt Place North for our pre-cruise night in November. The rate available through valuetrips.com is $129, the hotel site offers $134 with a best rate guarantee (20% reduction in the rate). In the fine print, it states that auction sites like Priceline, Hotwire, etc. do not qualify for the rate guarantee. Does anyone know if they consider valuetrips to be an auction site or would it qualify for the lower pricing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Erin

Valuetrips should qualify. We always book the Hyatt through them. You can call and ask to be sure. :)

I don't know about Value trips but what I usually do is make the reservation (I made mine for December $134) and every Monday/Tuesday I check the website for the rate. It has always gone down and then you can modify your reservation on their website or call the number on the website (not the hotel) and they will change the rate. Make sure to ask them to email you a new confirmation. You could also cancel your reservation and re-book it at the lower price. The cost right now (today) has gone up ($139) but they will change it many times before Nov. Good luck.

Archived